Dog sitting

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have one of those "Upside-down Dogs". Very rare. They are known for their great personalities.

Canine said:
You have one of those "Upside-down Dogs". Very rare. They are known for their great personalities.

Ah yes, the fabled Lupus Upsidedownicus.  I had heard rumors of this rare breed.

She spent the whole night upside down.  I think she had a dream about chasing rabbits too, or perhaps she was practicing her backstroke.

LOL. I foresee a need for you to sneak away like a thief in the night... with a cutie-pie bundle of funny dog under your arm. I'm sure your friends will forgive you for stealing her and running for the hills.... you know, like never.

Well, maybe you can get joint custody? You've lost your heart there SternWake. (in a good way)

Yep, I've always liked this dog a lot, but now she has won me over.  

I am speaking to her in a ridiculous voice, and cannot resist throwing her ball when she drops it nearby where I am working, and nudges it at me.  If I make any move at all toward the ball, she tears off with accompanying dust cloud in the direction where she expects me to throw it.  If I ignore the ball, she will pick it up, and try again and again and will eventually drop it on my foot and hold it there with her nose, with some playful sound effects for good measure.

Each night when I put her on the leash to bring to my van, she pulls me bit harder until she gets to my side doors, and gets all worked up  and barks at me if I have locked the door and have to fumble for the key, delaying her entry.

I slept a bit late this morning, and woke up to her standing over me with a paw tapping my forehead.