Does Will Prowse do custom off grid designs?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njmorin

Reaction score
Wel like it says, I'm not incapable of following all the DIY videos, as I teach electrical courses at college, but I'd rather pay an expert to just design a system for me, as there are just so many variables and options out there. My wife and I are winterizing our cottage and plan on living off-grid full time starting next summer. We have a decent idea of load but aren't sure what kind of energy we can get from the sun at our latitude. I've had some people tell me to skip solar and go for a large wind turbine.

Welcome njmorin to the CRVL forums! I don't know the answer to that. There is a trusted member here that does custom installs and is a nomad too. His user name is jimindenver. He is usually in Quartzsite during the coming months. Contact him, I'm sure he will design and install too if you want a system custom to you.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/contact-me.html

QUOTE:
How To Contact Me!
My email has been overfilling for months, so I have created a forum to discuss DIY solar power. It will be free from silly pop ups or banner ads, and will not have corporate sponsorship.

Post your questions or show off your system here: http://www.diysolarforum.com

If you have a business inquiry or wish to report a dead link or usability issue, please email me at [email protected]

I will not respond to personal system consult! Your email will be deleted if you send me a consult request.
UNQUOTE

Will Prowse apparantly does not offer consulting. However we have a very knowleable forum member, Jim Barnaby, who does offer solar consulting. He has been featured several times on the cheaprliving youtube channel. His website is jimindenver.com. All the relevant nformation including services and contact information is on that website. As he himself is a full time, nomadic RV dweller he has an in depth knowledge of our needs. He also does installations should you need help with that.