Does anyone know anything about the Thor Majestic 19ft RVs?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vannautical engineer

Reaction score
Every time I see one of these they intrigue me. Every one I see seems to be done up with RV rental logos, and I can't find any for sale new that are this small. Is this a special unit they just build for rental fleets? I see you can buy some used from the rental companies. Are they any good? Are they run into the ground by the time they come up for sale from the rental companies? I love the small size of these things but they seem to be kind of elusive, like they don't exist except as rentals. I'm just wondering what the deal is with them.

Cruise-America-Compact-Rental-RV-Front.jpg

Attachments

• Cruise-America-Compact-Rental-RV-Front.jpg
    Cruise-America-Compact-Rental-RV-Front.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 22
Thor has quite a reputation for making a very bad RV. My rv fixer man has found everything from pipes not even connected to duct work going to nowhere.

Quality control coming out of the factories must be nonexistent

I looked at the used ones. They want around $40,000 and they all are from 100,000 to 140,000 miles on them. One of the worst things is how well the tanks were maintained. I'm a retired professional builder. So there must be people that design van conversions based on what you want and then there are probably local craftsman that can do the job quick enough. Going with your own built Class B might be a better deal. There are people around here that know this stuff. This is my point. If you use the best parts and do the job right you will save lots of money on a design and build of your own. It will last longer and work better too. You just start with a lower mileage van to start with. They want $60,000 to $80,000 for brand new Coachman 21ft RV. I wanted one until I found out just how badly they are built.

Hmm, yeah, I guess my ideal is just to find something that size but gutted and ready to be built out inside. But that will probably never happen since they seem to only get sold from rental companies.

jacqueg said:
 Why not buy a used 12 or 14-foot UHaul truck? That would be a totally blank slate of about the same size. Probably gets about the same mileage too.

You have a point. Probably less leaky than a fiberglass RV shell too.  :-/

We bought a small RV that was a rental from Road Bear if I remember correctly, a Coachman 19cb. It was a good price with only 35000 miles...it was used one year as a rental then fleet was sold. I don't have any complaints. Purchased 2016.

Every time I see one of these they intrigue me. Every one I see seems to be done up with RV rental logos, and I can't find any for sale new that are this small. Is this a special unit they just build for rental fleets? I see you can buy some used from the rental companies. Are they any good? Are they run into the ground by the time they come up for sale from the rental companies? I love the small size of these things but they seem to be kind of elusive, like they don't exist except as rentals. I'm just wondering what the deal is with them.
The rental company is Cruise America. They are nationwide and their used RVs are in great shape. Go to Five2go on youtube n watch their reviews. I plan on buying one in about 6 mos. For the price i think its a good deal.

Thor has quite a reputation for making a very bad RV. My rv fixer man has found everything from pipes not even connected to duct work going to nowhere.

Quality control coming out of the factories must be nonexistent
Along with almost every other RV company…

Very few RV’s are quality built. If you buy new, you get to fix all the problems!