Does a Bear Poop in the Woods? Yes and Why Your Dogs Should Not.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lenny flank said:
Landfills are designed to hold all that stuff without leaking it into the groundwater.

Landfills DO leak contaminates into the ground and the groundwater.

Clay and plastic liners are installed, but they eventually leak..sooner or later.

For now, they are really the only option we have, short of launching all waste and trash into space...which of course, can't be done.

SushiDog, "You know what's worse that that? Fish. It's little known fact that all fish poop in the water. Then people come along and swim in that same water!"

It is indeed strange that defecation isn't seen as "recycling." When I was a lad, I loved going out with my grandpa and the "honeywagon," to manure the cornfields -- because he let me drive it! Shocking isn't it? All that cow poopie put on fields that grew crops that humans ended up eating. ;) 

But your list of animals that were alleged to defecate doesn't really prove anything. They are wildlife and are therefore perfect. Coyotes might possibly defecate, but it is natural poop. Dog poop is completely different than coyote poop, because dogs are unnatural. :)

Sad that some think it’s funny but it’s a matter of disrespect to other campers when they have to step in dog crap or be intimidated by a mean dog. It’s a matter of disrespect when loose dogs cause so many injures. And it’s a matter of disrespect when you think you’re being funny and you’re not. Lots of ignorant people in the US I’m finding as I travel and journal my way up and down the states. Very sad.