Do You Own A Portable Solar Battery? (think jackery) and in around the city

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuanKnucklehead

Reaction score
IF THIS ISNT ALLOWED PLEASE REMOVE, BUT I AM TAKING IT AS THIS ROOM IS DIFFERENT WAYS TO MAKE MONEY ON THE ROAD???
When I first thought this, I thought "Dude can you be more of a ass wipe? That is pretty shitty of you" But the more I thought about it, It added up.
Go set up somewhere with a full charge where people congregate & start renting out power. A 250w battery can charge a cell phone 30x????? Charge peoples phones for them (and other stuff). You have 2 sometimes 3 usb charging ports, 12v & a adapter,,,At say 0.25min or 1.00 for 5min (of course that can be adjusted because i am talking out my ass right now) Give the homeless a discount. 
It does seem real shitty in my mind, charge people like that,,,But they arent paying for my/your power (hell you can have that, i am happy to help) What you are paying for is the 8hrs i sat in the sun charging when i could be doing something else guarding against thieves and the time i am sitting here, when i could be doing something else to make $$$.
I dont know,,Just a thought on how to make a few $$ in a pinch when you need gas or something to eat. 
Again, please remove if this isnt allowed, it is just something i thought of to make a few extra $$$ in a pinch

I have been full-timing in my rig for over a year now, and I cannot think of a time when I have needed such a service. I spent long tracts of time on BLM and state-owned land, but I always had my own solar setup in my rig. Most of the other people that far out were prepared, too. The only place I can think of where such a service might be in demand would be, as you mentioned, a homeless encampment, and I'm not sure if I would want to stay in such a place in my rig. Not only that, but the charging money part might not sit well with certain crowds, either. Some homeless people might assume you have lots of money, which is also not good, since they can charge their devices and watch you all day and figure out that you are alone in the van, etc.

yes i am sitting here thinking the same thing,,,but,,,i am always thinking of stuff,,,its a idea to back pocket,,,but i have had better for sure,,lolol

Maybe hit a urban park,,not quite homeless, but a few around,,might work there???  even set up panels to attract interest and start reading a book, people will then come to you "hey watcha doing" "charging my battery",,,then work in ya game,,lolololololololololollol,,ha, i crack me up.
.Holding my hands out and doing my best new York accent,,, "whut? It could haaapen"

I am thinking of buying a Jackery. You can use them at night and recharge them the next day using your cigarette lighter port.

Latest posts