Dentist in Mexico near Yuma?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamBandFan

Reaction score
I believe I have heard some RV-ers and Van Dwellers talk about using a dentist in Los Algodones right across the border from Yuma.  Does anyone have some recommendations?  Good experiences?  Contact info of dentists?

four years ago I used Dr. Magaña, on the left just as you come out of the border crossing. No problems.

What are the different dental prices in Mexico v America and is it really that cheap? Just interested in knowing. Thank you

Mizzi said:
What are the different dental prices in Mexico v America and is it really that cheap? Just interested in knowing. Thank you

I haven't actually gone yet, but from the research I've been doing online it seems like prices for dental work in Mexico are around 1/3 the cost to have the same procedure done in the US. Haven't nailed down which dentist I'm going to yet, so I'm following this thread with interest...

If you make an appointment with JP Dental they will send someone to meet you at the border and it's only a short block walk or so to get to one of their two offices. They speak English very well and are very caring and sensitive to your needs.

To fill a cavity is $50. A cleaning is $30.
He also had a bridge to replace a couple of teeth for around $1000. An implanted tooth will be $1200.

Highly recommend them. There is also a pharmacy right next door to them and the prices were a little better than the purple pharmacy.

We also bought a quart of vanilla for $2.50 at the pharmacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to wait to post this, until I got a second opinion but will do it now and apologise later if needs be.
I went to Franco Dental right near the border and saw DDS Evangelina Robles who cleaned my teeth.  After the cleaning she said I had 12 cavities, needed a crown replaced and wanted to pull my one remaining wisdom tooth.
It's been 1 1/2 years since my last dental visit and I've had 2 cavities in my teens.(I'm 49)  It's possible that I suddenly developed 12 cavities but... I'm very suspicious, thus I need to get a second opinion.  As to the crown, no obvious signs that I can tell that anything is wrong with it.  The wisdom tooth she wants to extract was left on purpose because it's placement and angle make extracting it complicated and possibly damaging to nearby teeth according to my dentist.
If I find out that I do in fact have 12 cavitites I'll repost(although if my health is declining that fast I might not make it to the keyboard!)

Dang! Darn right get a second opinion! We went to JP Dental and were very satisfied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk