Decorating for holidays.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, they dug deeper and found all sorts of copper ornaments as well as skeletons to make better estimations. It is amazing they haven’t ever completely followed up on the remaining mounds but I guess Native American history isn’t a priority even if they were giants in their time.

A youtube video of one of my Christmas decorations. short video, only 1 minute long. I sent this one to my great neice last Christmas since I did not want to take it on the road due to space constraints.

But I was cutting more of these castle kits for my Etsy store inventory today while camping in my travel trailer.  I can always assemble one if I get in the mood to decorate for Christmas.

You do fabulous work Maki. I’ll bet the projection Halloween people would love your little builds for backgrounds.

They map out their whole house outside then project images. Gotta find a video for you to look at.

I do get some sales at halloween. I offer the kits in the color black, except for the castle which loses all the details in that color. No shadow line contrast on the surfaces are visible so you can't see any of the details on it.

When in the van or out and about I'm afraid all we do is have a holiday, what ever the holiday is, table cloth. So far we'll see on going.

Since we started full time RV, we haven't decorated our RV for holidays.

Vanbrat I get the plastic tablecloths from Walmart. They seem to last about as long as the holiday before the color starts scraping off them. I sit with my arm on the table a lot and that’s where it’s wearing off. I’d break down and get a cloth one but having to launder all the time puts me off.

One more day and I’ll ditch the Halloween table.

Here’s what we put out this Halloween. Will be yanking it all down on Sunday.

Two little girls came to visit and I took pics. She’s in amongst the tombstones

c7ad886ccfc8bd9b7f9ea685d6aebe2b.jpg

8bdd2cb34198eda2497818985af04467.jpg

Little cutie pie with the witch

c16dc4509c01dc8beb3e73a5c5ed3247.jpg

Both little ones checking the spider web

a696cf043c2c66477f868553cfcfad4e.jpg

Pretty fun to have those two little girls for a few hours.

rm.w/aview said:
I live in the trailer and as I travel I'll pick up a decoration or three for Autumn & Christmas. Space is at a premium so when the season has passed I'll throw them away. If I can spend $10 to $20 on take out, I certainly can put a few bucks into the Dollar Store or Walmart coffers to decorate and create a nice visual for the Holiday. I have no pictures though.

WHOOPS! I forgot that I have Christmas lights & garland. I just put the lights up on the outside the other day and will put the garland up outside as well when I get the Command strips/hooks to hold them to the RV.

I won' t bother with outdoor Christmas lights unless they have their own solar panel. Not many people driving around this campground after dark. But maybe if I find something cheap at a thrift store that is not a super ugly decoration I will stick it up in the campsite or on my trailer. I will put out my own decoration inside closer to Christmas. If I put it up too early I will soon ignore it which spoils that magic feeling when it is Christmas Eve.

I just realzed my little travel trailer that resembles a red caboose when the popup rop is opened would be a hit in the Quartzsite Christmas parade. I have te popup roof very well cross braced and it can easily handle being open at the speed a parade moves.  my red and black Honda Element makes a good matching engine.

I would just need images of Santa and elves to tape in the windows. Those are easy to find in the dollar stores. Of course I am also travelling with printer so if I cant find something suitable I can print some images from the internet.

I have awning rail at the top of the walls on my trailer so can hang decorations from that if I wanted to invest in some.

Fellow YARC members, if you want to claim it as your float with a sign let me know, but you will have to design the sign, I am not a graphic designer. We could also add RTR signage.   I also don' have a Santa hat or a white beard so I might need a volunteer driver. Too bad Bob Wells is an introvert, he looks the part without a costume on.

Just found out it is a candlelight parade. That means I would need to borrow some Xmas lights from other Q campers for the evening of the parade. I do have awning rail all along the length of the front and 2 long sides. Easy to hang lights from that rail.

Too bad I diont have an LED battery charged replica train lantern for the rear of the caboose. I have seen them online but I am not sure I could get one shipped here in time fo  the parade. I will see if it is possible just for the fun of it.

desert_sailing said:
A window cut out of a surprised Santa sitting on a bucket..??
Even better we can put a bucket on a platform on the tounge, dress you in a Santa suit with the pants down and let you sit on that bucket waving at everyone. Cant do a big fat santa though as I have a limited limited tongue weight. Has to be a Santa wth pillows for padding.

If that meant I was in AZ in time for the celebration I would gladly sit for the float.:)