Dealing with exiting from both ends

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eacrouch

Reaction score
Hello,  I have a question.  In about two years I am planning a trip with my spouse to Alaska where we will rent a cargo van converted to an RV, no bathroom.  My spouse gets random attacks of vomit/runs at the same time.  If you were traveling in a van like this how would you deal with this?  a Hotel is the obvious choice but during the peak season in Alaska that might be hard to come by.  Is there a system I could device from things from Walmart/home depot to be prepared for this chance?

Thanks, Erin

Two buckets, one with a luggable loo lid, plenty of trash bags

Immodium, ginger ale and maybe gravol, dry toast or crackers.

But yes, two buckets, spare rolls of toilet paper and paper towels and lots of trash bags.

"But yes, two buckets, spare rolls of toilet paper and paper towels and lots of trash bags."

In addition too the above.....deodorizer........ozone spray.....

No prunes and plenty of cheese. 1 bucket will suffice just keep a bag in it at all times. An "air sickness" bag in the glove compartment or in the visor for emergencies. Best of luck

baby wipes or something like that. And yes I recently had such an event even though it was sticks and bricks. Sit on toilet. Straight sided bucket for the other.

ArtW said:
Two buckets, one with a luggable loo lid, plenty of trash bags

Yep. And I will add plenty of liquids so that they can stay hydrated. Their body is trying to get rid of whatever it doesn't like. By expelling at both ends it is trying to clean out the nasties. My theory is that the easier that it can do that, (by drinking a lot of fluids), the sooner it will all be over.

A cheap, smaller, soft plastic wastebasket from the dollar store to vomit into while sitting on the toilet.

believe it or not what it does is make it smell better,,,,kinda like,,,,,well,,,,,peanut butter,,,,works like a champ

i knew i was going to get somebody,,,,but it really does work tho

caretaker said:
LOTS of peanut butter

Crunchy or Creamy? :rolleyes:

Kitty litter or sawdust to absorb liquid.
Two buckets, lots of wipes (make sure they are a brand that she is not allergic to)

In my bucket days I would pre line the bucket with several bags. Add a scoop of kitty litter, Do my business and seal off the bag. Add a scoop to bag two.
Bag two was ready for service...and so on. Dispose of properly.

Antiseptic wipes for hands.
Sawdust is available in the pet section of stores. Think hamster bedding.

If you are renting a vehicle, try for one with a working toilet.