Covid vaccines

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving to go get vaxxed in 15 minutes. I'm kind of nervous after reading that sometimes people who have already had Covid can have a 'robust response' to their vax. I'm getting Pfizer.

Got vaxxed along with two of my kids that still live here in town around noon yesterday. Last night I felt a little woozy for a few hours, today I just have a sore arm and some muscle aches.

We went to a mass vaccination site in town run by the National Guard. As long as you'd made an appointment they didn't ask about anything but your name and birthdate. No insurance info. No "are you eligible?". Nothing. They were moving people through as fast as they could and wow, there were a lot of people. I saw on Reddit that people from the west side (I'm in Eastern WA) are coming over here to get vaxxed because it's easier. Going to Yakima too for the same reason.

I am scheduled to get my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine this week. My brother hasn't experienced any side effects so I am ready to have mine.

txmnjim said:
i'm sure the benefit outweighs the possible negatives, and i'm on a waiting list at a local
small pharmacy instead of "nada" from the great Mayo clinic, but some guy they showed
the other day on the news had a heck of a horrible rash over a large part of his body afterward...
a rare reaction they said.
finally got my 1st Phizer vac from mother Mayo so sorry for disparaging her. she really does provide fine healthcare ;)

I'm going to get my booster just as soon as I can. I saw some discussion on Reddit that getting a booster from a different manufacturer than your original shots may give stronger protection, make more antibodies. This is still being looked into though.

I got my booster a few weeks ago. As usual no reaction.

I had my two Pfizer shots in February. Just got third Pfizer mid August. My reactions lasted a bit longer with three. But mild and nothing to worry. I have worse hangovers.

Cammalu said:
I got my booster a few weeks ago. As usual no reaction.
Camm weren't you really sick at some point or was that a non-related issue?  nothing to do with this shot???

They are giving out boosters now? I thought they were only giving them to people who have autoimmune diseases or have cancer.

Since I got my vaccination I've been in the hospital 2 times in a week for bug bites which I never had problems with before. Our governor says we have to wear masks even if vaccinated and after a booster shot.
If I'm going to have to wear a mask anyway then I'll pass on anymore shots until they can get it right.

RoamerRV428 said:
Camm weren't you really sick at some point or was that a non-related issue?  nothing to do with this shot???

I did get shingles way back a few days after my 2d vaccine. I forgot about that. I don’t know if it’s vaccine related at all.

I got sick again about a month ago. Way too long after my second vaccine to be related. Since I’ve gotten the vaccine I suppose I let my guard down and wasn’t spraying hands enough and got something else.

Six months for me would be early November. I probably won't try for it earlier than that. Although I'd like to.

Camm, ahhh, yea, who knows what crud is out there now flying around as usual.....my kid is now in high school, even tho they all have to wear masks I still fear 'the crud' will hit home at some point as usual :) School always brings some crud at home at some point..ugh LOL

Couple of thoughts on the idea of skipping the booster shot because a mask will still be required until "they" can "get it right" --

Why would you expect a huge, complicated, dangerous problem like Covid to have a single solution?
When driving, you wear a seat belt and look for traffic before a left turn, right?
If you want to lose weight, you diet and get exercise.
To improve your budget, you might work more and spend less and invest more wisely and ask for a raise and not give your credit card to your sketchy brother-in-law. You wouldn't do just one thing and demand that it make you rich.

We talk about "belt and suspenders" approaches to lots of problems. This is probably the worst problem to hit us in decades. Why insist on an (even more) easy and simple fix?

Each of the recommended steps (vaccine, masking, distancing, etc.), taken alone, gives less than 100% protection, so overlapping them just makes sense. When you take into account the need to protect not only yourself but also others (for example, if you're contagious but don't know it because you have no symptoms), it makes even more sense.

And btw, "they" are "getting it right." This is how fighting epidemics works -- one step at a time, with changes to advice as the disease evolves and as scientists learn more about it (and as people behave how people behave, which affects how the disease behaves).

I've had both shots of Moderna. The side effects were very mild and only lasted a short time. I'm getting the booster as soon as it's available.

I was stung by a yellow jacket the other day. I put some tea tree oil on it and was good to go.

I haven't been in the hospital since the last time I had a motorsickle wreck in 2002. I have no desire to go back which is why I'm fully vaccinated.

Edited to add: I was 66 when I got the shots. I'm 67 now so evidently something is working.
They're dropping like flies here in FloriDUH

Ivermectin is great stuff. It does control many parasites & even ticks and comes formulated specific to the animal being treated. I drenched my herd of sheep with the stuff once a year whether they needed it or not & kept parasitic illnesses at bay.

There is also spot on for external parasites, works great on tick infestations and skin parasites affecting the wool growth & production on the sheep herd.

I am not aware of an ivermectin formulation for humans, what would you be controlling, bedbugs?? Lyme ticks? Some other parasite? Also to consider that ivermectin is formulated for short lived animals, 7 years tops. Longer lived animals may experience side effects like cancer, etc.
-crofter

^
Yeah, I read that it's flying off the shelves in certain areas.

Well, good luck to those who use the stuff!

Excellent points you made, Morgana, and thank you.

I think there is a lot to be said for having a primary care physician with whom you have a good relationship and can trust.

Then you do not have to sort thru the news to decide what route to go.

Mine tells me to get vaccines, be they flu/shingles/pneumonia/covid, and I do.

If he tells me to get the booster, which I believe he will, I will get that, too.

I also wear my mask indoors and use hand sanitizer when entering and leaving a store.

Status
Not open for further replies.