Covid vaccines

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my second shot at 5:30am today. Not feeling like running, or walking, any foot races but nothing a day doing nothing but snuggling the animals and eating (not the cat and dog) won't cure.

Just had breakfast at Denny's as I didn't feel like cooking. Nice gentleman wanted to have me join him, but I declined due to not feeling well. But he paid.for my breakfast anyway. Been awhile since I've been hit on. Especially when I probably look as bad as I feel.

^
Did he try the new pickup line...

"I've been vaccinated"

No, but he did say I'd not feel well for a couple of days when we talked, from a distance, as he left. So now boondocking nomads can add "I'm vaccinated" to "and I bathed just yesterday" to their pick up lines. ;)

Congratulations on your second vaccination. Looking forward to mine!!!

Everybody in solar camp save one gets their first shots tomorrow in Salome and he is already vaccinated.

It really is a relief even getting the first shot but my mom tested positive after her first shot but had no symptoms so be sure to continue social distancing and wearing a mask until 2 weeks after your second shot!

Every time I get a flu shot I'm in the bed and at the ER with severe flu symptoms. Four times in a row.... now. I'm scared to get this virus shot, and can't decide what to do yet.

Cammalu said:
I just saw this article and I know there are a lot of us in AZ right now. You can walk in and get your vaccination in Gila County with no age restrictions.

If I already hadn’t been scheduled in Phoenix for this Saturday I’d probably go for it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/01/...ila-arizona.html?referringSource=articleShare
Hey Cammalu thanks for posting I didn't see your post and just had made one asking about vaccinations on the road. Great to here there are places! Getting ready to leave and needed to know if I could find a place if I couldn't get one where I am now. Great news!

Diana that was a mistake. You had to be a resident of Gila. But you can go to Walgreens.com and make an appt wherever. I got one in Phoenix for my hubby. Make sure you are going to stay around the area wherever you get one because they want you to get the second shot where you got your first one.

Thanks to Dan and Lillie for passing on the number to the La Paz county health department. 55 and older call 928 669 1100. You do not have to be a resident.

Paperwork included name. age, mailing address and a number of yes or no questions. They do request your ID and insurance card if you have one.

We got ours in Salome today. It was not crowded. We got there early and was on our way home a half hour before our appointments. They were telling everyone to let anyone that we knew that they could get the vaccine if they could get there by closing time.

I understand that they will be doing it in Quartzsite the 25th.

Curve is going up again in Yuma County, with 39 new cases today. Be careful out there!
-crofter

Got my second dose in C. FL today....waiting for symptoms to set in :)

I just heard that on the 25th in Quartzsite anyone 45 and older can get the vaccine.

I received my first dose of Moderna yesterday at Rite Aid in Indio CA. They scheduled the second dose for April 16th. Indio is at low elevation so it will be pretty hot there by then. Anyway, I just wanted to get the ball rolling and can figure out the second shot in the meantime. I don't have to get it at that store or even at Rite Aid. I haven't decided what direction I'll head for higher elevation and cooler temps yet.

No side effects except for the boo boo on my arm where the pharmacist nailed me wit' the needle

Got my first yesterday at a mass vaccination site run by our Health Department.

The National Guard was handling all the sign-in, checking registration, getting paperwork filled out and making appointments for the second vaccine.

Very efficient, in and out.

Arizona is a mixed bag at the moment for where a nomad can get shots. Some counties only have enough for residents of the county, other couties have enough supply for non residents. Fortunately La Paz county applied for and got extra vaccine from the federal supplies because they have a lot of non residents during the winter.

I would like to get my second shot in Northern Arizona but Cocino County where Flagstaff is located did not apply to or at least did not get approved for extra vaccine supplies so at this time they are not accepting appointments from non residents. Dont know when it weill change so everyone can get vaccinated wherever they might be that day. Perhasps by this fall if things go gpod.

Until there is more vaccine around it will be a hit or miss situation as to when and also where you can get vaccinated.

Maybe things will change in the next 3 weeks and I can head north for my 2nd shot. But at the moment it is not looking likely. Oh well, as long as it does not get too hot during most of the day around Quartzsite I can manage to enjoy myself. The nights and mornings will be pleasant enough. I have shade cloth, reflective tarps and a screen room.

Status
Not open for further replies.