covid information

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How credible do you think all this virus (and vaccination) information given to us really is?

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/cdc-who/

Still not sayin' Covid19 is not serious, just sayin' we certainly don't have the "facts". Yet we are accepting statistics and following the recommendations like they are the absolute correct procedure?

That just doesn't work for me...

You're asking for a reassurance that can't be had.

Given that this virus is so new, it is in fact highly likely that the info we (think we) have will change. Problem is, we have no way of knowing for sure which parts of the picture we have now are either incomplete or flat wrong.

But one thing you can count on is that humans spread human diseases, and the closer together the humans are, and the more frequently they are close together, the easier it is for the disease to spread. The other thing you can count on is that good hand washing technique provides significant protection.

I fully appreciate and understand the questions people are asking. We are either facing the worst health crisis in the world or the second great depression. So I am in favor of opening up things cautiously. I just hope we do it slow enough to stop the virus if we did the wrong thing. As I said before its the political divide that makes the whole thing worse by causing people to believe or not believe something because of their political leaning and most of them (on both sides) can't see the reality of their bias. I guess I should keep my mouth shut but I can't. I will try harder.

I think culturally a country like America will struggle more then other countries with this virus.

I think we do have “facts”, bms.

Nearly a million people just in this country who are known to be infected, hospitals in heavily infected areas bursting at the seams with critically ill patients of all ages, high levels of intubations and tens of thousands of people already dead.

Do I believe this virus is highly contagious and deadly?

Indeed, I do.

WanderingRose said:
I think we do have “facts”, bms.

Nearly a million people just in this country who are known to be infected...
This will not be over until we have herd immunity, with 70 to 80% of the population immunized with a vaccine.  In the US between 230 million to 262.5 million people will get immunity through vaccination for covid 19. That is herd immunity for the US. 

I read an article about covid 19 vaccine testing on monkeys. All the monkeys lived through the test, altho some did get sick. Most Americans will not accept getting sick from a vaccine, so still a work in progress.
-crofter

Description:
links to articles about vaccine trials going on in China.

https://www.livescience.com/experimental-covid19-vaccine-protects-monkeys.html

https://nypost.com/2020/04/23/covid-19-vaccine-tests-in-china-protect-monkeys-researchers/

badmotorscooter said:
How credible do you think all this virus (and vaccination) information given to us really is?

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/cdc-who/

....That just doesn't work for me...
Faulting CDC for "collaboration on projects to develop new vaccines..." ?? (From the article)

I hope they are collaborating, working like dogs, pulling out all the stops, burning the midnight oil to develop new vaccines. Without new vaccines developed as new diseases develop we will go back to the bad old days.

Right now I am on track to outlive my ancestors by about 30 years because of the advances in medical science, and personally taking advantage of those advances. 

I don't care who develops the vaccine or who pays for it, as long as I get some of it once it has been tested.
-crofter

Did you know that standard influenza vaccines are 60% effective? That information is supplied by the CDC, makes me sleep better at night...

badmotorscooter said:
Did you know that standard influenza vaccines are 60% effective?  That information is supplied by the CDC, makes me sleep better at night...
I take it that you don't have all your shots...
-crofter

badmotorscooter said:
I got my rabies shot, does that count?
I had the shots, but not the vaccine. Don't tell me the vet vaccinated both you and your pet?
-crofter

Sofisintown said:
I got a flu vaccine in 2005. They told me that it had 30 different strains of flu in it.
I was sick with flu symptoms for more that 8 months straight after that. (Nov-Aug)
That was the last vaccine for me.
Sorry to hear you were ill. Did you seek medical attention?  -crofter

The flu vaccine is not supposed to keep one from getting the seasonal flu, but to lessen the severity of any bout of it.

It’s my understanding that the vaccine changes every year, depending on what strains of flu are expected, also that sometimes a strain pops up that wasn’t expected.

I get one every year the past few because my doctor says I should.

@ Qxxx

“..., the US putzed around...”

I haven’t heard or seen the word “putzed” in a very long time. Lol.

I would agree if your using the Yiddish definition of the word ( although a noun... the shoe fits) VS the Dutch ( a verb)

@ Qxxx

I don’t know if a politically correct Yiddish response.

Hi there shorty? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.