Cooking over a fire?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystic

Reaction score
Hi! I am excitedly getting ready for a quickie camping trip with my niece to Sedona/Cottonwood. I'm looking at this and subsequent camping trips as a prep for possibly going full-time in an RV, as a retirement plan (my honey is skeptical. Basically, I need to build the dream and he will come). 

It has been a long time for me, so I'm a bit rusty. Also, it will be the first time for me to be camping there (although, last year we went through and did Arizona's wine trail in the area...I have been dreaming of getting back). So my question is this.....are actual campfires allowed? Is it allowed in the free camping spots?

Coming from California drought country, I am kind of wondering....

Also, if anyone has any favorite recipes to share, please do! :)

Thank you!

the campfire depends on the area. you must find out if burn restrictions are in place. contact the authority for the area you want to camp in. there are different levels of burn bans so get it strait before hand and always be careful with open fires. hope you have a great time and let us know how it goes. highdesertranger

As far as recipes, my kids and I coined the phrase "Campfire Fusion" a number of years back; cubed pork dipped in sweet and sour sauce, spring rolls, prawns, ginger beef, etc. etc. all done on wiener sticks. Absolutely tasty and the only limit is your imagination. Basically anything that will hang onto a skewer is fair game. We have done greek as well using chicken and peppers etc. marinaded in olive oil, lemon juice and oregano as well.

Latest posts