Colorado gtg July?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crave

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone would be interested in a hygiene in Colorado around July

A hygiene????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cammalu said:
A hygiene????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's like a group shower but also includes group tooth brushing and toe nail trimming. It's PNW thing.

(That is just about the best typo/auto correct I've seen in a long time)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I should be there around that time but plans have a way of going in interesting ways for me.

Roflmfao I didn't even notice that typo but it put a smile on my face.

I know what you mean Jim my original plans for hitting the road were delayed by a death in the family, rain (lots of it), money, car problems, new car problems, ex-girl friend, snow, mud, tires, etc. I can go on for days but it is wise to learn history not dwell on it. Now that I'm finally getting the wheels rolling I want to meet other like minded people. I have been looking at Roosevelt National Forrest for gtg, what are your thoughts?

I just escaped Colorado! Was supposed to be a 3-4 day stop over to enjoy some legal recreational. Turned into 4 weeks! The first 3 weeks were great party party, the last week my body started a rebellion. Too much beer and fun times. Finally made it about 14 miles into Kansas for 2 days recovery then onto Nebraska, then Iowa. I hope you all have the same great time!

I'm now in and around the front range Denver area for June/July working on my conversion build (while living in my step van). I'd like to connect with other nomads here during that time. I open to meeting up in the city or mountains. Boulder and Estes might be a good location or perhaps Evergreen or Idaho Springs area.

I don't want to commit just now, but I really want to be on the road by mid June to early July... We have family in Ks. And Colorado... So this could be be a doable trip for us!

We should know more by next week. Hopefully I will have the wall boards up very soon!

I am new to the planning of gtg's so if anyone has suggestions on good places or would like to set things up I'm all ears. It seems that we have enough interest and as there is no solid plan we can still pick a good location and date. I was looking at a spot in Roosevelt National Forest but it might not be viable due to mud.

I know the Rock creek road area above Jefferson has some wide open spots that can take a number of rigs. It is where I originally thought of last year before my injury put a stop to anything fun. The South Park Rangers district have always been pretty good for boondocking and I often see groups up there.

jimindenver said:
I know the Rock creek road area above Jefferson has some wide open spots that can take a number of rigs. It is where I originally thought of last year before my injury put a stop to anything fun. The South Park Rangers district have always been pretty good for boondocking and I often see groups up there.

Wait a minute, there really is a South Park Colorado??  Fun!!

If you have GPS or other coordinates for that I will be more than happy to look it up.

39°17'59.66"N

105°43'27.04"W

That is the turn off onto rd 39 off of 77 that leads into the area.

How is the road in after the turn off? Don't want to see people getting stuck, it makes me help them and get muddy ;)

The main road has always been in pretty good shape generally with the exception of washboards. Most of the side roads are too but you are more likely to see occasional ruts with water in them at low spots. No instantly slick as soon as the rain hits.

Disclaimer, I haven't been on the roads recently so YMMV depending on what you consider acceptable, your vehicle type. your ability to drive it, tire choices and any changes to said road since I was last on it.

I can think of three or four larger areas on the main road and a few on a secondary that would be good.

That area looks very well suited for all vehicles and grouping needs. For everyone who would like to attend what do you think? Also we should start talking about a date for the gtg. I'm thinking we should meet there around July 8th to July 22nd. What does everyone else think?

I'm super busy with work and travel this summer, but if you have it I'll probably show up for a couple days of fun anyhow. Would love to meet up with some of you. And 7 Wanders, I'm only 45 minute or so south of Denver if you need a hand or advice with anything on your build.