Clam Ice Fishing Tent

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonnyblu62

Reaction score
I wanted a CLAM (brand) pop up tent for my future car camping excursions in the mountains. They are famous for 4-5-6 sided screen gazebo type of tents that you can add sides too with Velcro. (As shown by Bob) Well, I am planning on being in colder situations and I also want this tent for privacy. So instead of the Screen Gazebo with extra Velcro on sides (which would be nice) I bought their Ice Fishing Clam... Solid Walls (w/little windows) this will insure privacy and warmth. I already have awnings for sitting outside. Good idea? Anybody use these for other than fishing?

I learned about those a few days ago and it seemed like they would be a good option for some people. Are the walls also insulated?

MrNoodly said:
I learned about those a few days ago and it seemed like they would be a good option for some people. Are the walls also insulated?
Yes... You can get them either way... Insulated or not... for all models and sizes.

The pavilion model comes with walls included that roll up over the screens. You can also purchase the attachable walls separately.

There are two manufacturers currently.