Chevy Volt camper car

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottorious

Reaction score
As another member has posted, Chevy Volts make great tiny camper cars. If you remove the rear seat bottoms, slide and tilt the front seats as far forward as possible you have something like 74" of perfectly level floor to build a sleeping platform. A simple milk crate sits in the footwell and is the perfect height for a piece of wood to sit on to make a totally level sleeping area. I used some foam board and painted it black and did as good of a job as I could spraying it so that when it's tucked into the windows it's really difficult to tell that it's anything other than a really dark interior. A 12 volt oscillating fan from the truck stop is clipped to my steering wheel to move air around which I've found means I can set the Aircon to eco and the battery lasts longer. The crown jewel of the camper car conversion are a set of 3 cushions that I made. Build off plywood backing is 3 inches of upholstery foam wrapped in some outdoor fabric and stapled onto the plywood. The upholstery job isn't the best but it's functional. I have a hitch that I hope to use a cargo carrier on to hold some things, otherwise you're really traveling light!
cushions.jpg

Attachments

• cushions.jpg
    cushions.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 22
Wow! First Volt camper I've seen its amazing how many different vehicles are being converted to campers I hope you have safe travels by the way are you doing full time living in the Volt?
Peace & Blessings!