New to vehicle dwelling. Uncertain about living out of a car but want to learn!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a friend and we looked out for each other and our stuff. Which I highly recommend doing ASAP!! What a life!!! Can't wait to go again in Dec.!!! Good luck and have fun.
I was wondering about your stuff. Was anything stolen?

I wonder how common it is to have things swiped from a campsite.

Exactly same here! My first 7 months full-time had me constantly re-organizing my gear and supplies so that the stuff I never used wasn't always in the way of the few things I did need. Returned to "base" (a friend's house) in the spring and dumped all the extraneous stuff. When I head back out in a few weeks, I'll be bringing less than 25% of the cargo I had last year. And this is my main advice to others. Go as bare bones as you possibly can. It's easier (and less traumatic) to acquire stuff on the road when experience dictates a need than to get rid of extra stuff that turns out to be unnecessary.
Lol I had to dump all kinds of stuff at my sister's in Houston. And still had too much stuff.

That's a relief.

I have way too much stuff, too. It is so bad, I need a little trailer to tow. Only I can't afford one, lol. Ugh. I'll try harder to get rid of stuff.
What about on top of your car? Is your bed off the floor so you can store things under there?

That's a relief.

I have way too much stuff, too. It is so bad, I need a little trailer to tow. Only I can't afford one, lol. Ugh. I'll try harder to get rid of stuff.
I thought about a rack for the rear. But I changed my mind.