Cheerful Salutations!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morningstar

Reaction score
Hi Lovlies,

My name is Morningstar. I'm just beginning my vanlife quest. I'm currently looking for a van to purchase and doing as much research as possible in order to make choices that will work for the lifestyle I am creating. My plan is to live in a conversion van of some type (do the conversion myself possibly, but it looks confusing, but maybe not!) and travel the country, offering healing yoga teachings and meditation medicine to the people. I'm not exactly sure where I will go, what type of camping I'll be doing (stealth, boondocking, rv parks?). I know I will be going from PA to CA leaving in August and arriving in September, then going from there! My budget for the conversion is $6,000.  Some things I need in my van are: bed, stove, sink, refrigerator, solar room to stand up fully. Any tips/advice? 

Much Love
M.

welcome Morningstar. I think it would help if you asked one question at a time and be a little more specific. if everyone one here tried to answer your questions the answers would be pages long. first off to stand up fully, how tall are you? you probably need a high top or a shuttle bus. highdesertranger

Welcome.

I would do a lot of reading and research before you make a decision on your vehicle.

Welcome to the CRVL forums, Morningstar!

I'd start out by going to look at all the vehicles that you think might work for you and narrow it from there.

Personally, I started out in a Class C and loved it. But, after a couple of years decided it was too big and too much work maintaining the systems. I'm in a conversion van now, which I like very much. My son removed the electric bench seat and built a twin bed for me. I would have preferred a cargo van but the conversion van is working just fine. I did sleep on the bench seat for a few months before it was replaced.

Try to enjoy the search,as frustrating as it may get. And take your time.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi, Welcome to the site.
With the budget you have you should be able to pick up a pretty good van. There is a lot of good info on here about converting your van, also check out youtube, there are unlimited videos that people have posted on how they have converted their vans.
good luck!