Cheap Eyeglasses

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spaceman Spiff

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with any one of the many cheap perscription eyeglass sellers on the internet?

I've used Zenni Optical for about 10 years. I've been extremely pleased with them. I've gone from single to bifocal to progressives. Takes about 2 weeks to get the glasses, frames starting at $6.95. My last pair of progressives with light adjusting tint cost me about $70, without the tint they would have been $35.

I've ordered from these guys a couple of times, and am satisfied. I fine-tuned the exact prescription for optimum use at laptop screen distance, about 22".

https://www.eyebuydirect.com/

I had a not great experience with eyebuydirect but the issue could have been the prescription. I like Firmoo, Zennie and Voougueme.

I have used zenni several times.  Decent prices, cheap frames tho, I have had several crack or fall apart.

Firebuild said:
I had a not great experience with eyebuydirect but the issue could have been the prescription.
It's been a year or more now, but I was able to set the prescription I wanted. They did not ask for an optometrist's seal of approval.

I got two pairs of the cheap Zenni glasses a couple years ago. Cheap frames but I had the lenses tested and they were right on my prescription. At the time it was one price for shipping so the more you bought the price per pair was reduced. Overall good experience.

Guy

The opticians in Mexican border towns aren't as cheap as online sellers, but just like with US opticians, there are lots of frames to try on first. For me, the length of the ear pieces and placement of the nose piece are critical. Best of all, you get them in an hour (except if you want non-glare coating). Order your glasses, go get some tacos and tequila, pick up your glasses.

Itripper said:
I have used zenni several times.  Decent prices, cheap frames tho, I have had several crack or fall apart.

My most recent glasses came from Voogueme and they are super solid. The only issue there is all their styles are pretty funky so if you. jsut like normal glasses it might be hard to find something.