Changed vehicles mid-conversion

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steffykaye

Reaction score
It's me again, lol.
We had to change vehicles mid conversion since the Ford F-150 had something go bad in it and it ended up with irreparable frame damage.

We were blessed that the dealer let us trade-in title for title for a new, nicer, vehicle.

The only thing is, it's a Chevy Venture mini van. 

We have been sleeping in it for about 2 weeks now and I am beginning to get an idea of what I do and don't like about it.

I wanted to do built-in's but my husband does not, with all of the trouble we have had with vehicles, he wants nothing that cannot be pulled from our current van and put into something else.

So, I am going to modify the built in design I found on here to work for removable pieces. 

Should be something I can do fairly easily, as I am handy with tools and can get pretty creative with making things work.

Pics should be forthcoming.

Thanks!

Sometimes you've got to be adaptable and roll with the punches. Sounds like you are both handling this extremely well--looking forward to the pictures!!

stephspears1 said:
I wanted to do built-in's but my husband does not, with all of the trouble we have had with vehicles, he wants nothing that cannot be pulled from our current van and put into something else.

Moving home built 'built in' from one vehicle to another is not as difficult as doing it in a vehicle that came from the factory like that.  Modular is good but modular needs to be attached to what ever vehicle it's in.
In my world when I start attaching the bed & other parts to the van it's starting to look built in.

When i keep changing out the insides of a van (looking for something better) I find my self going back to the set up used in a VW Vanagon camper (Westie).

Good luck!

I think the venture is a solid minivan. My step-father had it's sister, the Olds Silhouette which I always thought would make a pretty good home--it was very reliable for him.

I like the modular approach that can be reused in another vehicle. Or replace modules with an updated module in a current vehicle.

Nice the dealer did the swap without cash. Maybe he has a waiting buyer for trucks in any shape, and none for the mini-van in good shape.