CANCELLED Summer 2017 RTR in Flagstaff CANCELLED!!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adepastino

Reaction score
The summer RTR that Bob Wells planned has been cancelled. 

This thread has been closed

Hi. Just wondering if there will be a summer RTR in Flagstaff, this year (2017). Met a lot of great people at the recent vanbuild back in November up in Lake Havasu, and my son and I had a blast learning from everyone and getting involved with helping with rigs.  I would love to do that again and hope to meet others.  I hope to meet so many more of you and make lifelong friendships! I will be the one driving up in the Mercury Monterey minivan, toting my little dachshund friend Eli. Take care everyone. 

Amanda DePastino
Vantastic Freedom (youtube)

I can't take any risk of repeating last year's disaster at the summer RTR, so I am working on getting a permit. They are going to require at least 4 porta potties so I am proceeding with the assumption we will need to take donations to cover that cost.

I'm waiting to hear from the Forest Service, once I have, I'll finalize the details.

How many of you think you would come to the Summer RTR in Flagstaff, June 1-11?

If so, would be willing to make a small donation toward the portapotties--it'll be over $500?

I can't say for certain where I'll be in June, but if you're putting the event on, I'll offer to donate $50 whether or not I attend.

I want to toss my hat in, bur realistically I'll probably be too broke at that time
If I can come, I will definitely toss some bux in the kitty

I'll pitch in on the cost, Bob. Whether I make it or not but hope to be there.

Bob, Some advice on Porta Potties, Don't use websites to order them. They are all brokers. A potti will cost $100 more than it should. Search for companies in the area and call them on the phone. I use River Septic out of Parker, for potties about 30 miles south of Quartzite near I-10. They are not cheap, but are the cheapest I could find. A colleague used a website and it was $250 each.

I do know that there is one in Kingman. I'll try to get the name of the folks. More than likely there is one in Flag as well...

Bob I plan on being there even if I have to change a plan here or there. I'll help in any way I can.

walmart sells Potties for like $70 in my area with site to store shipping, dunno if that would hold in AZ or not

I probably can't make it west again so early, but I'll chip in a few bucks if you need it. ;)

akrvbob said:
How many of you think you would come to the Summer RTR in Flagstaff, June 1-11?

If so, would be willing to make a small donation toward the portapotties--it'll be over $500?

I will attend and I am happy to make a donation.

Damian

I'm going to try my best to make it, kind of depends on if a house sale goes through or not i'm executor of, seems to need my constant attention for one thing or another.

However, whether I stay or go, I'll chip in $50. It's worth the price for admission to this forum.

I am going to try and make it, I have moved my launch date (again) to mid May. Even if not there I can help with a bit of cash.

Question; will my atv be of any use there? I'm just the teeniest worried about getting around. I plan on parking a bit away from everyone as I might have to run my generator and don't need anyone bothering me about it.

Rob

Not sure If I will be able to attend, (still on the mend from some surgery. Lots of Dr. appointments). I will kick in $50 regardless. You have my email address, so you can bill me through Paypal.

I probably could pitch in $20 bucks or so... I also have my own little personal porta potty, but will help get something for others to use. Thanks for answering my post, by the way! I hope you don't have too many problems getting what you need to have the RTR.

akrvbob said:
I can't take any risk of repeating last year's disaster at the summer RTR, so I am working on getting a permit.
I totally forgot about last year's debacle! I wasn't there, but watched your video and you all had such a hard time! Thank you for trying though! I just want so much to get out of the heat of this valley. Yuck!!

Are bears a huge problem up there that time of the year? Frankly, I have never camped in Flagstaff in the summer, so I am not really sure what to expect. I hope to have bear spray, but maybe tin lids and pots and spoons would be better to scare them away?? Maybe it's better with so many others together? I am just really excited to learn this lifestyle from others so I can get out there and do it comfortably!

I"m still on my job in early June, but I will make a donation.

akrvbob said:
Of course, Bob, I'd be willing to help out with a donation, and I'm sure most attending would. Can't wait to meet all of you! :shy: Flagstaff pine forest is beautiful.

I didn't make the winter RTR but was there last June for the summer event and it's a good possibility I will make this one again also. Looking forward to it! I'm confident this good group of people will donate more than enough to cover costs of permits and portable toilets for the event. See you all there!

Status
Not open for further replies.