Can I get my tonsils removed in Mexico?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMG51

Reaction score
Some of us go to Mexico and pay cash for dental work. Can I go to Mexico and pay cash to have my tonsils removed? I don't want this to be a thread about whether I should or shouldn't get my tonsils removed. I want it to be a thread about whether I can safely and cheaply go to Mexico and pay cash for this.

Can I walk across the border in Tijuana and find a hospital? Will they speak English? Will they negotiate cash with me? If I am to negotiate, how do I bring cash and not feel concern for the remainder of the cash while I'm anesthetized? Any input from relevant experience is appreciated.

Is it possible to obtain contact information from friends for the various dental care offices used by them in the past? Perhaps a direct contact query will lead to a referral.

I hear anyone can get anything removed in Mexico.

I'm sure you can find sites that offer evaluations of "off shore" or "out of the USA" medical facilities and staff.   Many would consider Canada,  but minor surgeries such as Tonsils have been done for years now and the
Doctor/Surgeons practicing would be with the necessary training.

If you Google the Doctor you may find where they studied medicine and those achievements to their credit.

I know a lot of people are going off shore for eye glasses and getting fantastic rates on glasses that would be
very expensive here  in the states.

I ran into my Optometrist awhile back and he told me he was developing a cataract in one of his eyes.  He explained to me he would take a vacation out of the USA (perhaps in the Caribbean area)  and get an implant lens there at a fraction of the cost it would be here in the USA)   He works for an optical business that he doesn't own and is planning to retire before much longer so he was willing to share this info with me.  We've both talked about becoming Expatriates in our retirement.  He's interested in Europe. (Panama or Costa Rica for me)