Camoflage Netting

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to have a slightly different pattern (if that's the word) of that stuff. I used it to for the roof on a shaded area I built when restoring an old muscle car when I was a kid.

Great stuff. Provided plenty of shade and allowed air to pass through, keeping things much cooler.

Plus, military surplus has 'Radar Scattering' ability- see the little NATO tag
There were tiny pieces of wire in the faux leaves.
So, if you want to be invisible to ground surveillance radar ...

Was lots of fun setting that stuff up ...  LoL

Camo netting makes a great shady and cool spot.  If you can get the larger square pieces (20' x 20' or so) and two spreaders you run the netting between two rvs and have a huge  kickback area. Combine it with some playatech furniture and you have a huge cozy living room. The playatech furniture is just plywood that gets put together in such a way that it is structurally sound with no hardware, just snaps together. My brothers set up a nice campsite when they go out using camo netting and this furniture.  The furniture folds down into flat plywood pieces when disassembled.

Playatech Furniture Plans

The one I have is one I used when I was in the Army... Field Artillery. Don't remember the size but rolled up it takes up a whole wooden crate (the kind we put albums in back in the day) Kinda pinched it when I got out. I've used it many times over my old Scotty and it does indeed make some great shade and holds up well on very windy days.

I found some white (winter) camo netting -- a quarter piece -- at a surplus place in Utah. White = less heat absorption. It's sandwiched with nylon webbing. I clip one side to the rain gutter with spring clamps and use two painter poles to hold up the opposite side.

UptownSport said:
Plus, military surplus has 'Radar Scattering' ability- see the little NATO tag
There were tiny pieces of wire in the faux leaves.
So, if you want to be invisible to ground surveillance radar ...

Ah Man, you beat me to it! :cool:  BigT, What muscle car?

highdesertranger said:
so there is no need for the tin foil hat when under these?  highdesertranger

Well, that depends on you. :p

You should prolly keep the hat.... Can't be to careful.

They still control your thoughts-
telling you to take that Thorazine-
just can't see you and GSR can't pick you up ..

Itripper said:
My brothers set up a nice campsite when they go out using camo netting and this furniture.  The furniture folds down into flat plywood pieces when disassembled.
Playatech Furniture Plans
I realize that this is an older posting. But, the Playatech Furniture looks bitchin'! Great post. Thanks a million for posting that!

UptownSport said:
Was lots of fun setting that stuff up ...  LoL

Fuhhhhhhh......

Getting everything snagged in that camo netting pushed all my personal rage buttons.  I wouldn't touch camo net even now without a knife to my threat.

Camo and spreader bars.  Good times, these things loved tugging on stuff like my sidearm.