Breakup on the road?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"My partner doesn't know how to drive and has no family to stay with. They can't work or afford rent."

How would the situation be any different if you had been living in a building?

darn if this isn't a 1 yr old freakin' cliffhanger of a post LOL

I would love to know what went down.....but agree with the above, if in a home building situation like MrN said, what steps would you take?

It is all about how far the other wants to go on helping. Drop off at corner and wave goodbye? Do they 'own' 1/2 the van, make sure ya pay out on that! Partner? Newer relationship, long term married, not married, any assets? and more ? way not enough info from the OP but of course being so long now, something went down, ohhh I would be interested on what did happen tho :)

Maybe the OP is the one who got dropped off on the corner with a sandwich.

I’ve been considering getting rid of some weight in my van so I think I’ll drop myself off somewhere on the corner. Breaking up with myself has been an idea in the back of my head for a long time. I just like to let the old me on the corner and get on with life as the new me. Just so the sandwich I give myself is a good one. Stop the world I want to get off.

Anybody else still got Paul Simons “Must be 50 ways to leave your lover!” Song spinning in their brains? Lol!!!

Well actually the hole where they used to be, makes for a great echo echo echo echo!

Your wish is my command said the genie. Here is the link to Paul Simon's 50 Ways on youtube.
-crofter

Slip out the back Jack -for me.

Watch_Cowspiracy said:
Has anyone broken up with their partner while living in a vehicle? My partner doesn't know how to drive and has no family to stay with. They can't work or afford rent. It's not like I can just drop them off at a random intersection with a bottle of water and a granola bar and say 'good luck!'
What would you do? TIA

Help them find a driving school so they can learn to drive, help them make a resume so they can find a job... and wish them luck.

People who are that dependent on other people make a habit of it. They like to "play helpless" so others will always be rescuing them. They like to play the damsel in distress.

So, if they are not willing to learn new skills, I'm sure as soon as you're down the road a ways, they'll find someone else they can mooch/leech off of. People like that have no idea (or desire) to learn the skills it takes to live on their own. They'd rather mooch of other people. (Trust me, I've met plenty of people like that in my life....being a mooch becomes their full time job.)

It blows my mind....some people are so terrified of being alone, that they stay helpless so they'll always find someone to take care of them.

Just remember....their lack of life skills is NOT your problem. You only have responsibility for yourself...(unless you were married to them, of course.)

[font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,sans-serif]^  Much truth in what Giggles is saying   [/font]

[font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,sans-serif]If you are going to be a Nomad (no matter your gender) you should be careful who you take up with.  I've listened to a few Truckers at truck stop diners tell their horror stories of traveling companions they picked up.  There used to be a music video of a guy with a Pontiac Firebird who picked up this blonde who was on the run from the law and he didn't know it.  He was singing....."what was I thinking".    He had stopped to fuel the car after picking her up and she wanted to go inside for something but robbed the place without his knowing about it.  Next scene the Law is impounding his car and arresting them.  She tries to flirt with the cop to get a break and let him take the rap but it doesn't work.  "What was I thinking".

Anyone ever see that video ?

You really learn a person when you travel with them.[/font]

Too funny eDJ_! But I am sure something similiar has happened. Just another reason to be a friend with a little distance, your own space, and your own rig.
-crofter