BobBski 2017..

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
abnorm said:
I'm in Florida.....if you are a resident and you only SALTWATER fish from the shoreline or a dock...........You can get a FREE license from any bait shop.......if you buy it online it costs about $5 to send it to you

doug

Guess that's why I get conflicting answers, our place in on the Intracoastal and the water is kinda salty, but it depends how far you live from the inlet as to whether it's considered salt water.

I'm in Fl. also , if you want to catch Snook you have to get a Snook stamp , if you go after Lobster you have to get a Lobster permit . All fish are not in season at the same time etc. it's a pain to fish here .

If you're grandfathered on the original Verizon unlimited data plan, you can now turn your IPhone into a personal hotspot without affecting your plan.  Cost is $30 a month and you can connect via USB, wireless or Bluetooth,  your computer or IPad to your Iphone.  Happy Happy!! Before they said it would constitute a change in my plan and I'd lose unlimited data.  Now I have a larger TV screen (iPad)for Netflix and Amazon Prime videos.

Note:  the new unlimited plans call for throttling connect speeds back at certain usage levels, the old original plan does not throttle back.  I use right at 100 gb per month.

No more worry about finding Wifi, although I will use it when available.

I've been very impressed with the Ryobi Fan and battery life (9 hr runtime) so added to my Ryobi inventory today.  They all run off the same battery and recharge time is only 30-45 min.

Tire Pump, up to 150 psi
Lantern, 330 lumens LED
Flashlight
AM/FM Radio
2 additional 4X batteries

Lantern and radio have USB port to recharge phone too .  I'll do a follow up after using them for awhile.
IMG_5459.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5459.JPG
    IMG_5459.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 11
Last night the girls and I made a meatless shepherds pie for supper.  Can of corn, can of peas, (with juices).  Thicken with instant potatos, season to taste and add some grated cheese. :)
IMG_5458.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5458.JPG
    IMG_5458.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 12
The Ryobi stuff is a good system , cheap too!
The poochicles seem very interested , but they always are !

Hey Bob..........Yes......Please report back on the inflator after using...........I need one and that one's on my list

I've missed seeing pics of "what's outside your door"

doug

Doug, I've been in the same general area here in Oregon going on 3 weeks now. Nothing new to take pictures of LOL

I bought a set of the older Ryobis piece by piece and just a few of the new One+ models that I couldn't find used. All Ryobi 18v tools are backwards and forwards compatible so ALL of the tools work with all of the batteries. In fact the first gen tools when used with the new Lithium batteries seem to work better than with the old NiCads.I swapped the old bulbs out of the flash lights with LED's and now have days of light with the Lithium batteries.

The fan that you are talking about, it that the one that fits on a 5 gallon bucket and creates micro mist?

Have you seen the "in vehicle charger" for the Ryobi's? 30 minute charge and no Inverter loss. Works great.

ZZZ...no mister on fan but have been more than comfy in 90+ and humid with it blowing on me in the bunk ::)

Ref the charger, hadn't seen it until you mentioned it but I just plug the charger into my 410W power inverter or generator.  No problems on the house batteries.  The lowest my batteries have gone in the last 9 months is 12.5.  Thanks for the info.
IMG_5460.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5460.JPG
    IMG_5460.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 8
I'll be interested in hearing if the radio will tune and not drift when parked in one spot. Picked up two of the lithium batteries and charger a couple of months ago. Got some of my older Ryobi stuff going again.

Been listening to it all day today, no problems with drifting so far. Same country music station :)

35 second video/sound clip of Ryobi Radio.  I haven't messed with bass/treble adjustment but happy with clear crisp sound even inside van.  

Edit:  battery was showing 3 of 4 bars charge when I started playing it this morning...7 hours later it's still on 3 of 4 bars charge.  Happy Happy:)

IMG_5512.JPG
Moved up the Columbia River about 50 miles today and found free camping bankside.  Gonna sit a spell :)

Short 1:15 video to give a better idea of the area 

Attachments

• IMG_5512.JPG
    IMG_5512.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 8
Added to my Ryobi utilities today, replace the Diert Devil with Ryobi's vacuum 
IMG_5514.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5514.JPG
    IMG_5514.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 3
Supper tonight was nice an simple.  Fried Black Forest Ham on a heated taco tortilla topped with cheese, Ranch, and hot sauce.  Where's Reba???  She came up next to me when I started to fry the ham LOL
IMG_5513.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5513.JPG
    IMG_5513.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 10
BobBski said:
Moved up the Columbia River about 50 miles today and found free camping bankside.  Gonna sit a spell :)

Short 1:15 video to give a better idea of the area 

About 10 miles upriver is a place called Sand Station you might check out for free camping,  also might be some up by the dam but I don't remember for sure.

Thanks for that Howiet, I've been pleasantly surprised on the availability of free camping on the river.

Did ya throw a line in Bobski?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk