BobBski 2017..

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear ya, $0.70 per gallon cheaper here in Oregon. Y'all should have warned me about the $0.10 per bag they charge at stores there too. I thought the cashier was kidding me lol. She laughed and said "you're not from California are ya?"

Woke up last night around midnight and had to go out and record the serenaders. 25 seconds

Started off the day viewing some wild sea lions in a cave
IMG_5291.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5291.JPG
    IMG_5291.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 12
Saw a neat waterfall
IMG_5292.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5292.JPG
    IMG_5292.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 4
Toured the Oregon Coastal Aquarium 
IMG_5293.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5293.JPG
    IMG_5293.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 5
And saw some sea otters playing around
IMG_5296.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5296.JPG
    IMG_5296.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 3
We ended our 120 mile day at the Tillamook Cheese Plant, bought a few different cheeses, then from their grill got a melted cheese sandwich and cheesie tomato soup to go.  Girls really liked it.
IMG_5295.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5295.JPG
    IMG_5295.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 8
We found a beautimous free cliff side camp for the night
IMG_5315.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5315.JPG
    IMG_5315.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 7
And watched a gorgeous sunset.  Great day, life is good :)
IMG_5316.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5316.JPG
    IMG_5316.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 8
For those interested I stored a 1:30 clip of the girls on YouTube. First part is just a short break, second part shows them playful inside, before bed

BobBski said:
For those interested I stored a 1:30 clip of the girls on YouTube.  First part is just a short break, second part shows them playful inside, before bed

Too cute!  Thanks for starting my day off with giggles.  Love those little girls.  I also love the Midnight Serenade video.  What magic.

Man, Bob, you are livin' right! Thanks a bunch for sharing the pictures of your adventure.

LMTLMT said:
are you stopping by Cannon Beach?

Short stop yesterday:).  Sooo many beaches, parks and views along the Oregon coast.

LMTLMT said:
are you stopping by Cannon Beach?

My bad, I'm 12 miles south of Cannon Beach so will be driving through today.  No specific plans to stop but if something catches my eye :)

highdesertranger said:
great pics Bob.  hey,  how did the Sea Lion Cave smell?  highdesertranger

Like a sea lion cave lol.  The cave had a huge opening to the ocean and pretty good breeze so really not too bad.

Finally got around to weighing the van, full fuel, water plus the girls and I. Weight 7050 lbs....max recommended gross, 10,800 lbs. Happy Camper.

boy you got lucky. when I was there it smelled like a sewer, I mean like a port-a-pottie that is overfull in 120 degree heat. it was a gag me experience. highdesertranger

Had a great day traveling and scouting along the Columbia River.  Saw a neat waterfall 
IMG_5414.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5414.JPG
    IMG_5414.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 6