BobBski 2017..

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Bob. I'm jealous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_4903.JPG
Went for a walk down a logging trail today and saw a pick up and horse trailer, figured someone was out riding.  They were and around noon I heard a rumble getting nearer on the trail.  This 2:00 minute video is part of what I saw complete with drovers at the end.

Attachments

• IMG_4903.JPG
    IMG_4903.JPG
    76.9 KB
IMG_4920.JPG
Take 2 cups of water, tablespoon of butter, some Ranch dressing, Hot sauce and black pepper and bring it to a boil.  Add in 4 oz Jack Daniels chicken strips and 4 oz loaded baked potato instant potatoes....mix well and let set for a couple minutes

Attachments

• IMG_4920.JPG
    IMG_4920.JPG
    108.7 KB
and you have a great dish of chicken and potatoes.  Great meal on a cold rainy evening.
IMG_4919.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4919.JPG
    IMG_4919.JPG
    97.3 KB
Nice Bob. Frys had the potato mixes 10 for $10 last week.

LOL HDR, I'd worry about lawsuits over bellyaches :)

Thanks Jim...I don't remember what I paid for these, bought a dozen or so awhile back and need to restock. I really like the Knorr Rice/Pasta packets too:)

Redundancy of use..quick erect generator shelter
IMG_4926.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4926.JPG
    IMG_4926.JPG
    186.2 KB
Side view of generator rainy day shelter
IMG_4927.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4927.JPG
    IMG_4927.JPG
    139.3 KB
Bob, you may have said but do you use your generatir mainly for charging batteries or run appliances directly from it? What battery charger when needed?

I only use the generator to recharge batteries in times of bad weather or shady campsites not conducive to solar. I use 200W of solar panels. Everything I have powers easily off the 200 Ah battery bank. I do have but seldom use a 410W power inverter.

The charger I use was produced and recommended by the manufacturer of my batteries, Vmax. It's a 7 stage, 20 amp, smart charger. After 8 months nonstop usage I'm very happy with the batteries and charger.
Vmax BC1220A https://www.vmaxtanks.com/BC1220A-12V-20A-7-Stage-Smart-Battery-Charger-Maintainer-_p_160.html

The biggest power users I have are a Dometic CF50 fridge, a very basic 3 speed reversible Fantastic fan and an 85W Ryobi battery charger. My batteries have never gone below 12.4 volts and usually read 12.6 volts in the morning. With only a couple exceptions they fully recharge everyday.

NOTE: 12-14 hour run time on 0.8 gallon tank on the generator.

Thanks, Bob. Always interested in what equipment different folks are using. I added the link.

Very scenic 120 mile drive on Ca36 yesterday, Red Bluff to Fortuna.  Temps varied from 65 to 37, saw some snow, very narrow in spots, and some sizable redwoods; very majestic, felt like I should be bowing my head.  Today we'll be driving the 31 mile "Avenue of the Giants".  Life is good
IMG_4974.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4974.JPG
    IMG_4974.JPG
    71.1 KB
Supper last night... 1 cup brown rice, 1 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, 8 oz chicken strips, Franks Hot sauce and some shredded sharp cheddar cheese. :)
IMG_4973.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4973.JPG
    IMG_4973.JPG
    107.9 KB
At the risk of sounding like a nag, it's about time we heard from you. :D 

On this, I don't mind sounding like a nag....we need picture and videos of the girls. Having withdrawals here. Looking forward to videos of those awe-inspiring redwoods too.  Seriously, glad you're having a great time.

Yeah , it has been standard procedure that all food pics include puppy heads with 4 ears in radar/cute mode.......

The trees are so incredible there !
So great to have parks preserving so many of the awe inspiring sights in this country.

Awesome scenery, Bob. You will probably be in Alaska while I am still waiting on getting lab tests etc. Sigh....