BobBski 2017..

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I'm glad I put it in. Even with a short wheelbase it still left me more than enough living area and easier access to things.

As van dwellers we're always looking at space utilization soooo....today I found out my big directors chair fits perfectly facing out the side door.
IMG_5550.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5550.JPG
    IMG_5550.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 22
So now, when desired, a great out of the wind and in the shade view of my fishing pole bankside.  Life is good.
IMG_5551.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5551.JPG
    IMG_5551.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 7
Hey Bob. That's a mighty neat looking back storage. Is there an escape hatch in it in case you need to make a sudden departure?

If you mean out the rear doors, no, and not really a concern. My hitch cargo carrier on the back prevents me from opening the rear doors anyways. The big sliding door is only an arms reach from my bed and when I'm cooking inside I'm even closer. Also have a fire extinguisher on the cooking wall and in the sleeping area. Most vehicle dwellers don't have rear access except from the outside on vans and nothing in an auto. I also lived in a tractor trailer sleeper for 22 years, none of them have any exits except the doors. I feel very comfortable and safe as long as I inspect, maintain, and operate everything safely. Great question though have a great day.:)

Did u catch the big fish you were going for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweet garage, hope you get that big ol sturgeon
Dunno what I'd do with a fish that size

Short 39 second clip of lots of birds flying in and out gathering mud for their nests. Some slo-mo too. Air traffic control doing a great job; no crashes with so many arrivals and departures.

Just finished a berry good lunch.:) 
IMG_5572.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5572.JPG
    IMG_5572.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 10
Here's a slideshow, no narration or music, of April 2017 pictures. I use YouTube to save and share.

Hey, Bob, how's everything going with the Transit?  Are you still pretty happy with it?  Any nagging issues to report?  

Can you please remind me which model you have? (150? 250? 350? high top? mid top? etc.).....  
What sort of real-world fuel economy are you getting out of the V6?  I'm seeing reports of 20/27.  Is that accurate??  That would be great!  

I've been seeing a high top 150 at work lately, and it has me thinking about selling my TC and upgrading to one!  The one I'm seeing appears to have a pretty short wheelbase but still plenty of room, at least compared to my tiny Transit Connect.  It also looks like there might be a better chance of being able to stand up inside of it, even with my 6' 4" frame.  

What is the roof/standing height btw??   :huh:

From what little I've read, it sounds like the 250 has a turbo (or two) and the 150 just has a slightly larger V6.  (I'm just getting started on my research).  

A disc I slipped 20 years ago is "rearing it's ugly head" this month and I'm finding that crawling around the back of my TC is simply unacceptable and too painful.  Since this is an issue that's likely to come up again as I get older, I've decided that I need something larger.  

I've been enjoying reading your posts and really like the way you have your rig set up!  :cool:  It's giving me some ideas for how I want to build my next van. 

-T

Hi BigT, yes I'm totally satisfied with the Transit...oil changes are the only maintenance things I've had to do.

I have the Short 130" WB, 2500, Mid roof., standard 3.7 engine, no turbo. GVWR is 9000 lbs. CAT scale showed I weigh 7050 lbs; fully built, everything topped off with me and pups in it.

Standing height is 72", I'm 5'9". I've had some 6' plus guys check it out, they had to bow their head.

MPG? Flat interstate, no wind, I've got 23. Problem is those conditions seldom exist. I seldom ride the Interstates or even the US routes. Mostly I travel the smaller state routes. I've tracked my fuel mileage with a phone app since day one, every mile and gallon. 17.3 is what it's showing as my overall for over 15,000 miles. I've logged lots of city miles as well i.e. Corpus Christi for 2 months. Have also travelled a great deal in the mountains in the last couple months. The engine has performed great. It's a comfortable and stable vehicle to drive.

No buyers remorse and wouldn't change a thing :). Well..I sometimes wonder about the diesel, as a retired truck driver, but, I'd have had to wait tooo long for delivery. LOL!!! BTW, I had a TC for 3 years before this one.

Best of luck with your decision quest :)

Still waiting for your big fish...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but have moved to a different part of the river. No one was catching anything at that last spot. :)

Hopefully when you hook it you will film the fight would love to see it

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

BobBski said:
Hi BigT, yes I'm totally satisfied with the Transit...oil changes are the only maintenance things I've had to do.

I have the Short 130" WB, 2500, Mid roof., standard 3.7 engine, no turbo.  

Standing height is 72"

MPG?  Flat interstate, no wind, I've got 23.  
17.3 is what it's showing as my overall for over 15,000 miles. 

Thanks for the report, Bob!  That sounds great!  (though I was hoping for slightly higher mpg numbers).  23's not too shabby.  
I wonder if the 150 gets slightly better mpg?  

It's nice to know the Mid-roof is 6'.  That means if I can find one with the highest roof, I shouldn't have any trouble standing straight up!  :cool:

Thanks again for getting back to me.  :)

We'll be crossing into Canada within the next few days so just got off the phone with Verizon to add Canada. For $25 a month I got 500 minutes in calls, 500 outgoing text messages and 1 gb of data per month. Life is good. :)