BobBski 2017..

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob, did they tell you whose towers they use to provide that service?

Sure wish I could do the same only the reverse...but my Cdn carrier uses T-Mobile in the US so it's the worst possible coverage for all the places I roam...sigh!

Sorry, didn't ask. As a truck driver I drove all over Canada using Verizon and can't remember too many times I didn't have service.

Love ebooks. Instead of having to haul around a huge 750 page copy of "The Milepost" I was able to download it to my IPad...exact same, color pictures and all.

The Milepost is an in depth travel and tour guide for Canadian and Alaskan Highways.
IMG_5583.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5583.JPG
    IMG_5583.JPG
    221.1 KB · Views: 5
Cool, I'm going to have to download the Milepost. I used Verizon on Vancouver Island last summer with good results. I love that you can turn the international plan on and off month to month. It's also good in Mexico.

I've been very happy with the Dometic CF 50 which has been running non stop for the last 9 months. First, I'm happy to say the ciggy plug has been in use the whole time, also w/o issues. It's power consumption, by the book, is 7 amps per hour when cooling. Timed it today...set at 35. When it shutdown I started the timer, it came on 55 minutes later when temp hit 37. It ran for 9 minutes and shutdown again when it reached 35.

So for ease in math it ran 10 minutes in an hour. 1/6th of an hour means divide 7 by 6 to get 1 1/6 amps per hour....again for ease in math we'll say 1.1 amps per hour.

Now I know why I've never read lower than 12.4 volts on my batteries, the fridge is my major power consumer. 200 ah of batteries and 200 watts solar panels has been a fantastic power source. One happy van dweller:) Life is good.

No more big map books for me....in addition to the Milepost ebook, which I bought yesterday, I just purchased the ebook for the 2018 Rand McNally Road Atlas.  So, maps can now all be used offline on my iPad.  Being able to zoom in makes them easier to read than the paper edition too:)
IMG_5586.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5586.JPG
    IMG_5586.JPG
    223.4 KB · Views: 6
0:26 second video, When ever the girls are told "NO" on wandering limitations, they stretch as if to say, "I wasn't going anywhere, just stretching a bit"

IMG_5614.JPG
Gotta love spring, baby goslings on the feed so they can make their first migration later in the year.
50 second video clip of lots more 

Attachments

• IMG_5614.JPG
    IMG_5614.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 6
I don't eat out often but when I heard they served a great liver and onion dinner I just had to try it.
IMG_5615.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5615.JPG
    IMG_5615.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 9
I love a plate of Liver and Onions...........good eating !

The girls are great as they test their bounds.........You sir are thriving out there on the road !.........Congratulations and Thanks for sharing the adventure and inspiring us to do the same

doug

Decided to just forget about sturgeon fishing for the weekend and just fish with nightcrawlers and anything that'd bite.  My go to bait
IMG_5645.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5645.JPG
    IMG_5645.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 10
And it didn't take long
IMG_5643.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5643.JPG
    IMG_5643.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 8
Last night's sunset 
IMG_5644.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5644.JPG
    IMG_5644.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 4
I hated liver and onion growing up, one of the foods I refused to eat. My Dad liked them so Mom cooked them and I ate veggies.

When I was hurt in Vietnam is was fed through a feeding tube for about 6 weeks until my lower intestines had healed. My first actual meal was liver and onions It is now one of my absolute favorite meals.

Are the mama geese as protective of the young at that age as they are when very young?

Great pictures and I enjoy your travelogue.

Rob

Thanks, and yes, geese still VERY protective:)

BobBski said:
And it didn't take long
What kind of fish is that being from the south don't know much about north west fishing

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

You got a fish!!!! I've been waiting for that!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's called a sucker...more accurately bigscale sucker.

I had to chuckle when I saw that fish......I thought this would be your date with "El Sturgeon"!!