BobBski 2017..

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HDR, I've got my Johnny Horton CD all set to play :)

In keeping to small road/town USA, I traveled WA17 N and US97 towards Oroville Wa., where I'll cross into Canada.  Picture of Soap Lake.
IMG_5717.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5717.JPG
    IMG_5717.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 6
IMG_5731.JPG
Stopped off at Chief Joseph Dam on the Columbia River, Brighton Wa., 2d largest hydropower producing Dam in the US.  24 second video 

Attachments

• IMG_5731.JPG
    IMG_5731.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 7
Spending the night in Omak Wa., 40 miles south of the Canadian border.  Parked at the Walmart to top supplies off.  

It was a sunny 75 so before going in I cracked the windows, parked so no sun was on the windshield, opened and turned on the roof vent and faced the Ryobi fan towards the girls.  Comfy cozy :)
IMG_5732.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5732.JPG
    IMG_5732.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 15
Storage space to spare under the bed.  4 containers, each 16 7/8" L X 11 1/2" W X 9 1/4" H fit neatly, with room to spare.  3 of them have nothing in them. ?

Note:  the storage area under the bed is partitioned.  Half accessible from the back doors, half accessible from the living area.
IMG_5735.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5735.JPG
    IMG_5735.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 14
All 4 containers stored underneath and can just about put another one.
IMG_5736.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5736.JPG
    IMG_5736.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 12
Today's my daughter's birthday.  I'm headed to Alaska, she was born in Alaska.  Here she is in 1979, only a couple months old, on her first camping trip to Clear Lake Alaska.
IMG_5738.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5738.JPG
    IMG_5738.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 17
Today also marks 1 year since my wife's passing, sure do miss her.  We were supposed to be doing this traveling together.  Sure do miss her.
IMG_5737.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5737.JPG
    IMG_5737.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 10
Ah Bob, I was actually thinking about your late wife recently, or more precisely you path to hitting the road and how you gave the house to your daughter I believe. While some loved ones may be gone from the present, you still have the memories to cherish. Thanks for sharing your life with us.

Thank ya, my Granddaughter and her family got the house :)

Crossed into BC Canada today at Oroville Wa.  It was a breeze, didn't even look in the van.  Covered 150 miles and now stopped for a map check and free wifi in Merritt BC.  Getting a BC fishing license at the Walmart too.  2032 miles to Palmer AK.  Life is good.
IMG_5756.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5756.JPG
    IMG_5756.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 12
Aww, Bob, I'm so sorry about your wife. Just doesn't seem fair.

Right from the get go, the scenery is beautimous and only getting better.
IMG_5757.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5757.JPG
    IMG_5757.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 11
Now , THAT'S a fish ! She looks real proud too !

Thanks Queen and RVP...best fishing partner I ever had. :)

Almost There said:
Bob, did they tell you whose towers they use to provide that service?

Crossed into BC today and immediately got text from Verizon to let me know I was now on the Canada/Mexico Plan.  Gave instructions for "settings" to insure best performance.  I've had solid LTE coverage for the last 100 miles.  Sometime it showed Rogers LTE and right now in Merritt it's showing TELUS LTE.  So I guess they just partner with someone who has towers in the area.  Right now on a strong  free wifi in the Husky Truckstop parking lot.  Been with Verizon for years all over the US and Canada, they always come through:)

Almost There: They have had me on Bell Towers too. Just keeps changing.

Using Google maps I saw a road going back into a lake named 10 Mile, 20 miles east of Vanderhoof BC, Hwy 16.  It was dirt, one lane and went back in about 6 miles.
IMG_5787.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5787.JPG
    IMG_5787.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 10
Sign at the lake said 10 Mile Lake Recreation Area, no facilities but "free".  One other camper van there.  I love Google Maps :)
IMG_5789.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5789.JPG
    IMG_5789.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 15
That should read Cobb Lake.  Ten Mile Lake (picture)is where I stayed the night before.
IMG_5793.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5793.JPG
    IMG_5793.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 9