BobBski 2017..

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoying the pics, Bob. Beautiful country. Who knows, I may make that trip some day after all.

Yes Queen, on the Alcan now. I've driven it several times starting in 1978 when most was still unpaved. This time I didn't start at the beginning but took the Yellowhead (97) and Cassier (37) Hwys and intercepted the Alcan around Watson Lake. Haven't seen any grizzlies but have seen 4 blackbear. For the most part it's smoother than several of our USA interstates.

It ain't huge but I haven't caught a northern pike in over 25 years.   Casting in the river, by the bridge; Teslin, Yukon Territory.  Happy angler :)
IMG_5966.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5966.JPG
    IMG_5966.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 10
Another fish!!!! Great! I'm not much of a fisherwoman but I do like watching other people fish. Guess that's why I have way too many bass in my pond... too bad you didn't have a go pro on and get a video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been thinking about a GoPro, just use my iPhone for pics and videos now. Trying to justify the expense.

Just think about the great action videos fishing!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want a dash cam so I can see what I missed while I was busy driving ;)  There's no rewind button in real life, apparently.
That, and I have a lousy memory.
Keep 'em coming, Bob.  I'm living vicariously thru you guys who are already out there.

Was that fish the bait? Skuh kuh kuh kuh
Hope you get some big ones that everybody brags about catching in Alaskan lakes and rivers.

I agree about a go pro/dash cam , you can't sight see very well while keeping your eyes on the road. (and the idiot "drivers" that are gaining in numbers every trip......)

BobBski said:
It ain't huge but I haven't caught a northern pike in over 25 years.   Casting in the river, by the bridge; Teslin, Yukon Territory.  Happy angler :)

Are northern pike good to eat Bob I always heard that they are like a Amber Jack real boney and grease

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Great to eat, flakey not greasy, but...very obey unless cleaned properly. This one swam free to grow bigger :)

This is the girl's travel alertness level
IMG_6016.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6016.JPG
    IMG_6016.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 17
Being of Polish decent, I just had to try their "made from scratch " perogies.  Glad I did :)
IMG_6006.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6006.JPG
    IMG_6006.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
Land of the midnight sun, picture taken shortly after midnight last night.  June 21 is the longest daylight day of the year.
IMG_6011.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6011.JPG
    IMG_6011.JPG
    772.6 KB · Views: 8
Beautimous scenery all day 
IMG_6019.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6019.JPG
    IMG_6019.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 11
Getting back into the USA was quick and painless:). I handed the Customs Agent my Passport Card and the girl's Rabies Certificates; he asked me how long I'd been in Canada and if I had any purchases to declare.  That was it, we parted with "have a good day"
IMG_6038.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6038.JPG
    IMG_6038.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 7
Looking forward to the summer here.  I'm stopped in Tok for the night, 64* right now, 49* overnight.  GREAT DAY!!!
IMG_6037.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6037.JPG
    IMG_6037.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 5
Same temps here in Maine>^ (East Coast Alaska)

Coddiwompler's performance while in Canada was great.  No issues, didn't use any oil, no windshield chips and in all types of terrain and conditions averaged 17.76 mpg over 2,159 miles.  She needs a bath though :) Life is good.
IMG_6040.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6040.JPG
    IMG_6040.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts