BobBski 2016

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll definitely keep Merks in mind:). I just booked a camp site in Port Orange for a week, Nova Family Campground, starting tomorrow night. $22.50 a night, 7th night free. I'll also be checking out that fishing spot for sure. Thanks again.

Camped for the night at the Loves Truck&Travel in Ormond Beach, Florida.
IMG_1864.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1864.JPG
    IMG_1864.JPG
    105.3 KB
BobBski said:
I'll definitely keep Merks in mind:). I just booked a camp site in Port Orange for a week, Nova Family Campground, starting tomorrow night.  $22.50 a night, 7th night free.  I'll also be checking out that fishing spot for sure.  Thanks again.

If you need any supplies just head to Dunlawton and head west, there is anything you could need out that way.  If you head south on Nova it T's into US 1, keep heading south and you'll find NSB.  If you follow the N Causeway (wave to my condo just before the drawbridge) to the sand you'll see a bright pink building on your left, it's called The Breakers, seriously the best burger I've ever eaten.

Have fun, if you need any help, just shoot me a PM, I lived there until about three months ago.

Took a gander of Daytona International Speedway today.  Awesome place.
IMG_1891.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1891.JPG
    IMG_1891.JPG
    103.3 KB
You got to see the new showplace of Daytona, they just got done with a bajillion dollar refurb.

I only went there once, with my dad, for the F1 qualifying. I honestly never experienced anything so loud in my life!

If I end up wintering no farther west than Louisiana, the Daytona 500 might just be something I'd attend:)
IMG_1892.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1892.JPG
    IMG_1892.JPG
    133.7 KB
Night all, down for the count :)
IMG_1900.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1900.JPG
    IMG_1900.JPG
    91.6 KB
Home for the next week in Daytona Beach.  Peaceful, economical and everything I need...beach, stores etc. all within 3 miles.
IMG_1905.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1905.JPG
    IMG_1905.JPG
    162.1 KB
IMG_1926.JPG
Scouted out some fishing places today, one was SunDown Pier with Crabby Joe's Restaurant.  They make a GREAT fish taco:).  Fishing costs $7 for the day and it's open from 6 a.m to 10 p.m daily.  You can leave and return as long as you hold onto your receipt.  Neat place and even saw a few fish caught.

Here's a 1:30 video clip if interested 

Attachments

• IMG_1926.JPG
    IMG_1926.JPG
    114.1 KB
When you pop down to NSB, on the n causeway, just before the bridge, if you look right you'll see Buena Vista Park. It's free and has two long access docks to the intracoastal for fishing. Free parking there as well.

Hope you're having fun!

Definitely having a great time :). Thanks for the pier info

Hurricane Mathew took its toll on most of the free access fishing docks. :(
IMG_1929.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1929.JPG
    IMG_1929.JPG
    112.9 KB
This sailboat didn't fare too well either 
IMG_1935.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1935.JPG
    IMG_1935.JPG
    131.5 KB
Now there's a wise old fisherman 
IMG_1937.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1937.JPG
    IMG_1937.JPG
    73.5 KB
One of the benefits of asking for a primitive site in a downtown Port Orange Florida campground is no neighbors (and a significantly lower price).
IMG_1939.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1939.JPG
    IMG_1939.JPG
    185.5 KB
IMG_1950.JPG
Riverfront Veterans Memorial Park, S Daytona Beach 

Short video clip 

Attachments

• IMG_1950.JPG
    IMG_1950.JPG
    114.8 KB
A retired police officer was using his 63 Corvette and Star Wars trooper mannequin to raise money for fallen officer families.  Just had to stop for the flashing lights :)
IMG_1961.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1961.JPG
    IMG_1961.JPG
    83.6 KB
Follow up on the Ryobi fan using the new 4X battery.  After 12 hours on low setting, which is sufficient air for me, it was still running strong.  After which, it took 50 minutes in the charger to fully charge.  Not too shabby :)
IMG_1970.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1970.JPG
    IMG_1970.JPG
    120.6 KB
The neat part about the Ryobi stuff is they make a 12 volt charger for the 18 volt battery so easy to charge while driving!