BobBski 2016

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Camp Chef Sherpa has worked great as a kitchen unit both in and out of the van.  Everything stores great inside.
IMG_1666.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1666.JPG
    IMG_1666.JPG
    81.3 KB
IMG_1667.JPG
For supper tonight I made some kicked up a notch unbreaded Chicken Tenders (onions, Spicey Montreal Steak Seasoning and Ragu Tomato sauce, sharp cheddar cheese).  Decided to play with my video camera and editing so made a short video of the process.  I'm not Martha Stewart for sure lol. 

Attachments

• IMG_1667.JPG
    IMG_1667.JPG
    103.1 KB
dang Bob I am hungry again. the only thing I missed from the video was the girls. highdesertranger

They were there for sure :). Just being well behaved to get some lol

Never had seen cotton bailed up like this..
IMG_1705.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1705.JPG
    IMG_1705.JPG
    126.9 KB
Parked for the next couple nights at a boat ramp on the Apalachicola River, 3 miles north of the Gulf coast, Apalachicola Florida.
IMG_1706.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1706.JPG
    IMG_1706.JPG
    130.1 KB
Should mention that I found this location on freecampsites.net Life is good.

BobBski said:
Never had seen cotton bailed up like this..

I did today for the first time!

Texas likes to use yellow plastic instead of pink.. :D

I have seen it bailed like that in the Mohave Valley. they used the plastic wrap that has a green tint. highdesertranger

2 minute video of Apalachicola Florida where I'm staying the next couple days.  NON MONETIZED channel

Some things Dad taught me when growing up was 1) always keep leftovers 2) try to eat them the next day 3). Before preparing your next meal, check out your leftovers 4). Don't be afraid to combine things together.

That being said, I checked the fridge for lunch...small portion of potato salad, 1 hard boiled egg, little bit of shredded cheddar cheese, and 1 jalapeño/cheddar brat.  Mixed them all together with a touch of mustard and lunch is done and no leftovers leftover.

Thanks Dad, I still hear ya :)
IMG_1714.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1714.JPG
    IMG_1714.JPG
    129.1 KB
Solar setup and batteries still working fantastic, fully recharged by 1 pm.   Life is good.
IMG_1713.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1713.JPG
    IMG_1713.JPG
    128.1 KB
Anker 21 watt foldable solar panel and 26.8 AH power pack still going strong after almost a year heavy usage.  This combo is the only thing I use to keep my iPad and iPhone charged.  Never want for another power source to keep them going around the clock.
IMG_1715.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1715.JPG
    IMG_1715.JPG
    48.5 KB
If in doubtBobBski said:
Some things Dad taught me when growing up was 1) always keep leftovers 2) try to eat them the next day 3). Before preparing your next meal, check out your leftovers 4). Don't be afraid to combine things together.

That being said, I checked the fridge for lunch...small portion of potato salad, 1 hard boiled egg, little bit of shredded cheddar cheese, and 1 jalapeño/cheddar brat.  Mixed them all together with a touch of mustard and lunch is done and no leftovers leftover.

Thanks Dad, I still hear ya :)

If in doubt, douse it with mustard I say! My favorite!

What a great life you have created for yourself. Keep the posts coming!

Managed a few nice catfish today, kept one for supper tonight.  Life is good.
IMG_1729.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1729.JPG
    IMG_1729.JPG
    135.9 KB
I always found it funny how fish are viewed different in each region. I grew up in Michigan and not many people in that area will eat catfish or bottom feeders, it's all about the pan fish. My family in Missouri only eats catfish, and any pan fish they catch gets tossed on the side of the shore (unfortunate I know).