BobBski 2016

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working for me :) I run a 50 quart Dometic at 35 and a fan on low pretty much all night. Life is good.

Just turned 5000 miles on the van today and the mileage is starting to improve as it gets broken in.  169 miles of hilly Ky and southern Ohio and averaged over 21 mpg with cruise set on 60.  Life is good.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    40.7 KB
Sisterly Love !!!!  Quite the van dwelling duo :)
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    90.6 KB
Well, yesterday was annual physical day for me, blood work and all. Doc says I'm in great shape. I like that :). Also had my eyes checked and bought new glasses. Prescription changed a little and I guess the start of cataracts is startling to show. Doc said I'll probably be a candidate for lens replacement surgery in 5-8 years. Not concerned by that at all as my wife and a few friends had this procedure easy peasey. Now to change the oil and kick the van tires. Life is good.

I just had to stop and see if it was for real.  It was, too bad I only needed 5.4 gallons. :)
IMG_1529.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1529.JPG
    IMG_1529.JPG
    141.4 KB
We were all set and ready to move on except for a final potty break for the girls.  Well, they found something that would gag a maggot and our travel has been curtailed a bit.
IMG_1532.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1532.JPG
    IMG_1532.JPG
    198.6 KB
BobBski said:
We were all set and ready to move on except for a final potty break for the girls.  Well, they found something that would gag a maggot and our travel has been curtailed a bit.
We gotta know more. Some guys have all the luck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My only luck in this ordeal was being able to find a groomer on such short notice to clean the girls (pups) up after their rolling in the stink of a dead gopher. LOL

My dog did that with a dead deer a while ago, I ended up giving him a dawn dish soap bath and the stank was gone. I'm not really sure the cost of dog fur cleaning/baths but it could potentially save you some money down the road.

I knew a guy who used a bottle of ketchup. Said it made it a lot better and 2 btls would have worked.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Beautiful day on the Apalachicola River in Florida today.
IMG_1565.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1565.JPG
    IMG_1565.JPG
    90.7 KB
Even managed a few fish, life is good.
IMG_1566.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1566.JPG
    IMG_1566.JPG
    115 KB
That's a big old carp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice fish. Carp can be fun to fight and good to eat if you know how. I watched a you tube of someone filleting one up and cooking it like catfish after removing the mud vein.

I got addicted to carp fishing at 10 years old when I hooked my first one and it broke my pole. Been pursuing them all over the country since then. :)