BobBski 2016

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moved in at Lake Seminole Florida for the next 7 days.  Managed a bankside site right on the lake.  Loving this weather.  Life is good :)
IMG_1579.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1579.JPG
    IMG_1579.JPG
    153.9 KB
Girls patiently awaiting Thanksgiving dinner.
IMG_1593.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1593.JPG
    IMG_1593.JPG
    83.7 KB
Girls sleeping off Thanksgiving dinner.
IMG_1594.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1594.JPG
    IMG_1594.JPG
    39.5 KB
What kind of dogs are those? They look like the perfect small size, how's their temperament and do they bark at the wind and anything making noise?

They're 8 year old 8 lb Chihuahua sisters.  They don't bark at every little thing but they will let me know if anyone is approaching.  Then they'll run toward those approaching....wagging tails to be petted.

I want one. Did you adopt them? If not I wonder if there are many up for adoption suitable for the full time life

Oopslala said:
I want one.  Did you adopt them? If not I wonder if there are many up for adoption suitable for the full time life

If you're going to adopt a rescue do so now before you move in to the van full time.

Most rescues won't allow us to adopt once we're on the road because we can't pass the 'fenced yard' and home visit criteria.

Just about any dog is suitable for full time van dwelling. Most any of them love car rides, camping and the outdoors. It's the owners that have to make all kinds of adjustments. Like shopping late at night when it's cool enough outside to leave the dog in the van, stopping regularly for potty breaks, carrying supplies for the animal etc. etc.

They're all pretty small , you just have to look in the right places......
Border Patrol K-9.jpg
Bob's ARE extra cute though.

Attachments

• Border Patrol K-9.jpg
    Border Patrol K-9.jpg
    94.4 KB
I'm already full timing out of my camper, fortunately it doesn't get over 80 and my dog never has a problem alone. I just want to get him a buddy, preferably small because there's not much room in the truck for another pooch.

Interesting on the adoption thing. When I adored my current dog they never had any visits or anything.

I got these 2 at birth, from a neighbor who was fostering a couple chihuahuas, one of which was pregnant. I'm sure if you check your local areas shelters, paper, and Craigslist you'll find one.

RvPopeye, love the beagles, have owned a couple in my life, great companions.

Almost There is very correct in stating that it's the owner not the pup that has to go through all the adaptations. They become your primary focus and your activity revolves around them. One example I'll point out...going into libraries or other places to escape the heat and use WIFI...if it's too hot outside for me, it's to hot for the girls.

Short 1 minute video of Reba and Sheba having a good time.  

Boil up some potatoes...
IMG_1626.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1626.JPG
    IMG_1626.JPG
    78.5 KB
sauté some onion, shredded cabbage/carrots along with some diced Black Forest ham...
IMG_1624.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1624.JPG
    IMG_1624.JPG
    87.1 KB
....add the potatoes, seasoning, sour cream and sharp cheddar cheese and you've got what we're calling supper tonight.  Hope it's good because we made enough for reruns. Life is good.
IMG_1622.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1622.JPG
    IMG_1622.JPG
    109.1 KB
Reba and Sheba wondering about this concoction:)
IMG_1625.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1625.JPG
    IMG_1625.JPG
    91.9 KB
What do you think that smell is?
I don't know but I hope we get some !!!

You have taught them to talk right?

Another beautimous day on the Apalachicola River.
IMG_1630.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1630.JPG
    IMG_1630.JPG
    126.1 KB
After a nice long morning romp the girls decided they wanted some locally smoked pork chops for breakfast:)
IMG_1634.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1634.JPG
    IMG_1634.JPG
    101.9 KB