BobBski 2016

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grew up in Michigan and you are right, we didn't eat catfish. We ate bullheads. :)

Nice cat BTW

Lol, I hear ya on the bullheads, lived several years in the UP.

Regarding eating catfish, many waters, especially in/around industrial areas have clean water now but the bottom sediment still contains many pollutants from years gone by. Many are posted to not eat or not to eat more than. The bigger and older the fish is, the more contaminated it will be.

This particular river has a clean bill of health by biologists in the Fish and Game, I checked :)

IMG_1782.JPG

Went on a nice little tour of St George State Park in Florida today.  Made a 4:15 YouTube video of the trip for those interested.

Attachments

• IMG_1782.JPG
    IMG_1782.JPG
    84.2 KB
Bought a pound of Bubba Gump Gulf Jumbo shrimp today, fresh off the boat.
IMG_1798.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1798.JPG
    IMG_1798.JPG
    89.7 KB
Peeled it, veined it, then cooked it up in some spicy garlic butter:). Life is very good.
IMG_1799.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1799.JPG
    IMG_1799.JPG
    160.8 KB
As always the "peanut gallery" seems to approve!

The one on the right seems to be giving you the stank eye

Yes she does, have to keep an eye out for future such behavior lol

Stopped for the day/night in Panacea Florida.  Going to see what some shrimp might catch here.  Never have caught a red fish before.  Life is good.
IMG_1819.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1819.JPG
    IMG_1819.JPG
    104.3 KB
Sprung for a Ryobi fan today, along with carver, regular sized Ryobi battery and th 4X Ryobi battery.  It runs by battery or by plug in.
IMG_1824.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1824.JPG
    IMG_1824.JPG
    120.6 KB
Camped at a truck stop in Ocala Florida tonight to take advantage of shower and laundry.  Notice the girls standing on the curb?  They know better than to step on the street...no street walkers in this family. :)
IMG_1833.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1833.JPG
    IMG_1833.JPG
    114.3 KB
Mine would have all stuck one paw out just to see if I was watching. It would come back in with one quiet You know better but ya know they had to test it . lol

Same with my dog. They're like kids, give them a foot they take a mile.

Hahaha...they do test the boundaries now and then with a paw and a look at me :)

IMG_1859.JPG
Daytona Beach Florida, beautimous day.

1 minute video clip 

Attachments

• IMG_1859.JPG
    IMG_1859.JPG
    71.5 KB
Bobski, if you want to pay for camping, head up US 1 and try Beverly Beach, right before Flagler. If you want to camp on the sly, head down to NSB (about 15 miles south) and park at the city boat docks on the N Causeway. Several fishermen are out at night so no one notices the occasional stealthy camper.

Thanks for the great info. For tonight I'm parked at the Loves Truck&Travel about 10 miles north. I'm signed up for a tour of Daytona Speedway tomorrow and that city boat docks sounds like great for tomorrow night. I've even got my fishing license. Thanks again, you do good :)

BobBski said:
Thanks for the great info. For tonight I'm parked at the Loves Truck&Travel about 10 miles north.  I'm signed up for a tour of Daytona Speedway tomorrow and that city boat docks sounds like great for tomorrow night.  I've even got my fishing license.  Thanks again, you do good :)

If you don't feel right there, head right back down the causeway to the city marina and Old Fort park across the street, saw lots of "occasional overnighters" there.

And if you enjoy a beer or two, the NSB Brewery is on Sams street a block or so from the Marina, really tasty affordable beer.  Just down from the boat docks on the opposite side of the street is a place called Merks, very decent food and cold beer.