BobBski 2016

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll vary from place to place. Not all of them are as nice as this one, some are just pull offs. Just read the instructions and information for the site you're interested in on Freecampsites.net and it will give you lots of information.

Found a spice rack I liked the other day and mounted it today along with a pot holder mitt.  Just call me Susie Homemaker. :)
IMG_2157.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2157.JPG
    IMG_2157.JPG
    116 KB
Here's a picture showing the whole kitchen wall.  It's the one I meant to post.
IMG_2159.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2159.JPG
    IMG_2159.JPG
    115.3 KB
IMG_2161.JPG
I like to stop by the smaller less trafficked Veterans Cemeteries and say howdy and thanks.  Today I stopped at Spanish Fort Alabama's.

Here's a short 1:16 second video.  

Attachments

• IMG_2161.JPG
    IMG_2161.JPG
    173.4 KB
IMG_2162.JPG

Also stopped and visited the USS Alabama Memorial Park in Mobile, Alabama.  Very neat place complete with Korean and Viet War Memorials.  Here's a 57 second slideshow with some more pictures.  

As a reminder, my YouTube channel is non-monetized.  I just use it to share and store.

Attachments

• IMG_2162.JPG
    IMG_2162.JPG
    69.3 KB
Camped for the night a the TA Truck&Travel in Grand Bay, Alabama.  Big grassy park like setting, complete with picnic tables and a very large enclosed dog play area.
IMG_2164.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2164.JPG
    IMG_2164.JPG
    116.3 KB
Paw Playground :) they even provide gloves and plastic bags :)
IMG_2165.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2165.JPG
    IMG_2165.JPG
    164.4 KB
Ahhhh Sweet Home
Hmmmm , now where do I know that from?

16 second video, girls checking out sausage biscuit breakfast.

IMG_2212.JPG
Camped for the night in Slidell La. at a free campsite I found on freecampsites.net.  Crawford Landing, https://freecampsites.net/#!9812&query=sitedetails

One major thing not mentioned in the site description is that the "free" has a caveat to it.  You must possess a La. Fishing or Hunting Licence or a La WMA stamp.  I had the fishing license.  You will be checked lol, it's adjacent to a state wildlife enforcement post.

Note:  I submitted a review to freecampsites.net with this information.  It's a nice area and the girls love the open grassy area:)

Attachments

• IMG_2212.JPG
    IMG_2212.JPG
    193 KB
IMG_2243.JPG
It is so nice, quiet, peaceful and free that we decided to stay here at Crawford Landing at least another day.   :)   Girls had a nice long romp and I had a great breakfast of scrambled egg whites and cheese along with a super cup of coffee.  Lately, instead of using creamer, I add a tablespoon of French vanilla protein powder to my coffee  :rolleyes: 

Here's a 3:08 video of breakfast prep.  

Attachments

• IMG_2243.JPG
    IMG_2243.JPG
    148.3 KB
Dang Bob, high protein coffee, I never thought of that, could make a decent mocha that way!

Went for a hike into the bayou today... compass or GPS a must if venturing far:) I stayed on high and dry ground.  Notice the houseboat?
IMG_2264.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2264.JPG
    IMG_2264.JPG
    146.3 KB
Supper tonight was tuna fish, shredded lettuce and cheese all combined with Chipotle Ranch dressing and wrapped in a tortilla.  Good stuff. :)
IMG_2267.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2267.JPG
    IMG_2267.JPG
    78.4 KB
While I had it out figure I'd take a picture of my silverware drawer.
IMG_2266.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2266.JPG
    IMG_2266.JPG
    67.7 KB
Looks like a nice site. And warm. I'm tired of the TN cold (though I know it's still warmer than other places).

Have I said I'm envious of you and the girls? :)

I was up at Dale Hollow and other parts of Tn for a month or better in October/early November.  Beautimous country and lots of great free campsites.  I love to fish Dale Hollow and it only cost $3 a night.  Started to get a bit smokey and cool at night so headed farther south.  I'll definitely be back.
IMG_2270.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2270.JPG
    IMG_2270.JPG
    146.5 KB
Remembering a dear friend of 15 years that I lost 2 years ago on Christmas Eve.  It was a great 15 years and she taught Reba and Sheba well during the 6 years I had 3 chihuahuas.
IMG_2269.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2269.JPG
    IMG_2269.JPG
    144 KB
BobBski said:
I was up at Dale Hollow and other parts of Tn for a month or better in October/early November.  Beautimous country and lots of great free campsites.  I love to fish Dale Hollow and it only cost $3 a night.  Started to get a bit smokey and cool at night so headed farther south.  I'll definitely be back.

I did my Advanced Open Water and Rescue SCUBA classes at Dale Hollow.  Some amazingly cool stuff underwater there.