Blu-Ray Player powered via USB

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sell the blu ray movies, replace them with the DVD version.....problem solved. It is just not worth it to me to deal with the hassle or expense of buying more computers and devices to watch reruns now and again.

It is very easy to lose sight of simple solutions when problem solving. Do you really need more devices? Maybe it makes more sense to use the money to increase your available solar power.

I gave my blu ray movies away because my usb blu ray player that worked with my 4K laptop became obsolete and no new drivers were available for it. The cost of a new blu ray usb player was not in my budget or rather the return on the expense simply did not pencil out except as a non essential luxury. I did go through an obessive I must solve the issue and find a blu ray player phase before I realized I was engaged in obssesive behavior..

I check DVDs out from local libraries when I travel. Sometimes I rent from Redbox. Sometmes I buy DVDs at thrift stores. Or I stream movies.

mdoverl said:
This is the device I’m looking at...

https://www.amazon.com/Stick-Window...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Trying to figure out if the processor is ARM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's an Intel atom processor. 1.92ghz.

Idk if atom has improved over the years but it was pretty low powered when it came out. Might be ok for DVD/Blueray decoding. 

I know when atom came out a lot of people were building them as like email machines for their grandparents etc because they were such a small footprint.

I'm really new here & have just recently begun overhauling a Prius. I'm curious, are you running the device off of your 12v in the Prius? We are looking into installing a 2200w pure sine wave inverter to utilize power through the car.

I'm not sure if the OP is using a prius or not. But I have a question. Off topic a bit. What is the max inverter wattage for a prius? I want to say that you have to rub some funk on it to get those kinda watts on a prius. Maybe I'm wrong. To be fair I am just speaking from memory of a thread I read once.

Also welcome to the fray. We were all new here once. Some of us still are. Haha. J/k.

Jcblue_ said:
I'm really new here & have just recently begun overhauling a Prius. I'm curious, are you running the device off of your 12v in the Prius? We are looking into installing a 2200w pure sine wave inverter to utilize power through the car.

I don’t have a Prius anymore. I have a 2019 Kia Forte. It has two 12 volt ports that pump out 180 watts a piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk