2008 Workhorse Stepvan Fuel water separator

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

escape_pod

Reaction score
Hello!
I recently got a "water in fuel" warning when trying to start my 2008 workhorse stepvan. I've searched up and down for a fuel/water separator, similar to what's seen in this video:
But I just can't find anything that remotely resembles it. It doesn't look like the fuel filter is in the same spot as the one in the video above, and neither is the fuel water separator. I know they're different trucks so it makes sense.

Searching online, I still can't find any info on where these components could be. Does anyone here have any knowledge of these vehicles and can point me to where the separator exists? Or if there's another component somewhere that's giving the error and how to correct it? The throttle pedal is unresponsive while the error is active so I can't even take this to a shop

Contact a dealer or auto parts store and ask them to tell you. They can probably text you a parts breakdown/illustration that shows where it is located. You should be able to follow the supply fuel line from the tank and find it.

I'll give that a go. I tried following the lines from the fuel tank up to the engine. For being a giant van, I'm also a giant person and had trouble moving underneath the beast. I'll give them a call and find some smaller friends

A cell phone camera can video and can fit under the van if you can’t!