Bike Route

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitty2020

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm biking from (Mojave), California to (Quartzsite), Arizona.  You can't ride your bike on the interstate so I need help how to do this using surface roads?

*NO I cannot go "off road" either it's NOT a "Mountain Bike"!  Must be a Paved Road ALL the way!

I'm having a hard time finding good maps showing roads online, HELP?

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Let's see... How about:

14 south to Palmdale
18 east to Lucern Valley
247 east/south to Yucca Valley
62 east to Parker
95 south to Quartzsite

I've always just selected the bike icon on google maps. That will at least get you an idea. Usually the tourist agency of the state will publish a bike route pamphlet you can get ahold of as well.

Me personally having driven Hwy95 many times knowing the large number of towed trailers, trucks and large motorhomes traveling it often driven by inexperienced and older drivers I would be concerned about riding a bike I couldn't take off pavement in an emergency, just saying. A skinny tire bike is gonna end up with lots of flats and maybe a bent wheel in my opinion. Be sure to carry some Stan's Tire sealant and a pump/inflator. If you make it over to Tucson be sure to ride "The Loop" 131 miles of paved bike path (no motorized vehicles, repair stations and bathrooms) around the area connecting many more outstanding trails and near by BLM land with a large biking community.

Three routes from Mojave to Quartzsite.

Screenshot_2021-08-12_11-02-04.png

The northern route is via National Trails Highway. Shortest distance and least time.

Check with enthusiast groups that do trips like that.

Up 3,678 ft and Down 5,568 ft.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-12_11-02-04.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-12_11-02-04.png
    219.4 KB
I LIKE That (Northern Route) + (Plus) Nice Country/Nature That Way! :shy: :thumbsup: Thank You.

TravelingZombies said:
Not sure about paved routes but doing it on a bicycle is awesome, good for you and good luck with your ride.

Yeah we'll save the "Off Road", for NEXT TIME...In a "4 X 4"!!  :D :thumbsup:  I Subscribed US little channels, need to help each other!?  :thumbsup:

wayne49 said:
Three routes from Mojave to Quartzsite.

The northern route is via National Trails Highway. Shortest distance and least time.

But 58 from US395 to Barstow is essentially a freeway, and Barstow to Ludlow (where you exit onto Route 66) is I-40. Route 66 to Amboy had some terrible pavement the last time I was through there, and it's closed (at least to vehicle traffic) just east of Amboy at Kelbaker Road.

bullfrog said:
Me personally having driven Hwy95 many times knowing the large number of towed trailers, trucks and large motorhomes traveling it often driven by inexperienced and older drivers I would be concerned about riding a bike I couldn't take off pavement in an emergency, just saying.

Well, rather than AZ 95 from Parker, one could take less-trafficked US 95 from Vidal Junction and go down the California side of the Colorado River to Blythe. But then it's I-10 to Quartzsite. Choose your poison. QZT ain't exactly arrive-by-bicycle friendly, whichever way you get there.