Big Blue version 3.0

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.van-tramp.com/wp/preparing-for-cold-weather/

Last winter I had the luxury of a 20# propane bottle to run my heater, which has since spoiled me to the resulting warm fingers and toes. Unfortunately, with the interior rebuild I no longer had space to carry the propane inside the van - which is dangerous anyway - so a plan was hatched to mount the propane to the rear of the van where a hole already exists to run the LP hose to the interior. This required moving the ladder from that door to the side of the van, which I have been considering for some time anyway. Here is to hoping I never get rear-ended.

IMG_0250-1024x1021.jpg

IMG_0251-1024x892.jpg

Be sure to secure the tank against theft - they are highly sought after by the meth-makers! I am wanting to do a rear-mounted 20lb tank too, but have the spare tire on the left and the ladder on the right. With my size and weight, I doubt the ladder would hold me anyway. Probably just remove it entirely! I did get a new tag mount with light to put on the tire carrier - the tire blocks view of my stock plate location somewhat.

Latest posts