Best Online Bits N Pieces ?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenishere

Reaction score
I need new gasket / weatherstrip for the rear barn doors of my van.  I'm assuming this is relatively universal, and my experience has been that it's cheaper to buy stuff online than at the local spots, certainly cheaper than local RV stores - (omg, $34 for campa-chem?  Really?)  Do y'all have preferred places - good cost, reliable - to get replacement stuff that probably needs to be purchased new?

ETA: maybe not that universal? Fairchild Industries seems to think it's vehicle specific. ??

I suggest that you look it up as vehicle specific on rockauto.com, get the part number and brand and then google it.  Who knows, you might find it for cheaper elsewhere?

You can get generic automotive weather stripping that works well. I redid a rear door on a Cadillac for a friend and it lasted for a few years at least. I started at the top and worked my way down, but that was a mistake. Water leaked through the seam where the weather stripping butted up to itself. Start at the bottom. Make sure you have a very clean, smooth surface for it to adhere to. I bought the roll at a local parts store. They matched it as close as possible to what I had. They had different styles.

I have little experience on this, so don't take it as gospel. This one time worked well for me.