Be kind my friends

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks OP, those were two of the ones I remember as well. Recently a post regarding mice... "As for a "humane kill", bull!! Quid pro quo -- it made me suffer so I don't care how it dies, just so it's dead! Maybe I am too sensitive, maybe it's a woman thing but feeding something that makes an animal die of thirst is just cruel.

"I think that for such an active forum with thousands and thousands of posts, the number that might be offensive is very small." Well said IanC, it is a very small percentage. Maybe I just need to put on my big girl panties and try and steer clear of threads I know are going to upset me. I have always been a supporter of the underdog and the first one to say that we all have the right to choose the life we want to lead. I am glad that I have been able to voice my opinion and if it makes one person think twice about posting something offensive, I accomplished something.

There are a lot of anarchists who simply do not believe in the same sorts of property rights that others do. That is their right although if they live in the USA, where property rights are well established, they run the risk of being caught and then prosecuted for their crimes regardless of the morality they assign to them. It is true though when they complain that others are forcing their morality on them but what is the alternative, them forcing their morality on us. I doubt anyone is in total lock step with the law and everyone can find some law they consider to be immoral. I know I can think of a few.

The real question here is how to be kind even to those whose beliefs and philosophy are in complete opposition to one's own. I think it is possible. I have seen police officers arresting people while still being respectful and kind! Mostly in such situations, I like to think of my grandparents who were very kind people. They would help anyone at any time. Yet they were REALLY racist. So you would hear things at their house like "I just took a bunch of vegetables from the garden to the [N-Word] down the street because he lost his job and the family might be hungry". Being kind is the greater thing and makes the world a better place.

You seem to be straying from the topic.

Which is "Be Kind"

I think Bob was deleting the posts I was referring to when I made my comment about straying from the topic.

But, you're entitled​ to your opinion. As a mod I'm acting on mine.

We love you Cyndi.   :D

You pretend to be a big meany, but everyone knows you are kinder than children on Christmas Eve.    ;)

:heart:

I believe in being kind and giving respect to everyone. I would hope that if I were to be unkind to someone it would be pointed out to me. Either in a PM or the thread, I can take it. 

This is a nice group of people with as many different views as there are members. But I will try to be kinder.

b8f741438352b858de355d50fa0c1100.jpg

Rob

Attachments

• b8f741438352b858de355d50fa0c1100.jpg
    b8f741438352b858de355d50fa0c1100.jpg
    86.5 KB
We attempt to keep all posts on the topic of the thread so readers do not have to wade through irrelevant information.

That being said, we will sometimes even delete posts and close or delete threads on the "Off Topic and Chit-Chat" forum if they are causing arguments or  breaking the forum rules.