batterie isolator

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freemind46

Reaction score
hey to everybody, i was on planning my electricty, and i wanted to know which batterie isolator do you use?.and where did you bought it( and for how much) ..<div>..and any ideas about lighting fixture your using, i was looking for a certain kind but after seeing the prices, i was on my ass, so for now i'll buy the incandescent &nbsp;fixture and lightbulbs, and when i'll find something in my rang and models, i'll change it, the wires will be trought the walls.......thank you for any inputs...freemind46</div>

I&nbsp; found&nbsp; surplus 150a, 80% continuous duty solenoids&nbsp; on ebay- paid $9. for one, plus shipping.....way cheaper than automotive stores. I think the seller was cyber surplus warehouse or something like that.<br><br><br>

hey Karl, you paid 9 buck!!!! are we talking about the same thing? the isolator that i'm talking about let the alternator charge the starter battery &nbsp;and the house battery, but while using the house batt wont let the starter batt go dead,...<div>&nbsp;i will go right now on ebay look for it.....thanks &nbsp;freemind46</div>

i could'nt find the 9$ isolator on ebay, but i did found 2 models at canadian tire the, 90 amps 11-1813-4 at 49.99cn and one 120 amps for 89.99&nbsp;d , and found about the same thing at Pricesse auto sku8235673 at 44.99$ plus shipping, &nbsp;, both models look identical....freemind46

Try searching 12 v dc continuous duty solenoid - this will do what you are asking- the seller is cybersurplusmart- he still has them listed.<br>&nbsp;- you can go to&nbsp; CheapRvLiving site for instructions on how to install it. I think it is under How to have electricity or something like that. <br><br>I have a total of three of these on different rigs, two to charge house batteries on the road , but isolate them when parked, and the third to isolate a subpanel I run from the start battery. <br><br>

i'll defintily look at it, at 9$, it's worth knowing it,....thanks Karl....freemind46

yep i did find your 12 vdc countnuous duty solenoid at 9$ at cybersurplusmart, it cost me 12.95 to ship into Canada, but what is the difference from a batterie isolator?, at that price i'll buy 2 (1$ shipping for the second one).......big thanks Karl , you help me saved some dought!.....freemind46