Bank account

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don’t say where you are located, but I suggest walking into a bank branch and just asking them.

Another option might be to scout out whomever in your area works with the homeless population and ask how this can be done.

Good luck.

what address do you use for tags and dl, as well as insurance?

My bank account with Wells Fargo was first set up using my address at a South Dakota mail forwarder, then, a few years later, moved to my Arizona mail forwarding address.

@Weight
I use my sister's address at her mobile home but that isn't going to be available to me anymore.

Larry48 said:
@Weight
I use my sister's address at her mobile home but that isn't going to be available to me anymore.

By "not available" do you mean she won't let you use it anymore, or that you think the bank, DMV and insurance won't accept that address if you're no longer there?

If you mean the latter, my "domicile" address is a friend's place where I've never actually lived. I just put it on a blank lease form I got online. The DMV accepted it, my insurance company accepted it, and the bank accepted it (although for some reason they used my mail address instead).

MrNoodly said:
My bank account with Wells Fargo was first set up using my address at a South Dakota mail forwarder, then, a few years later, moved to my Arizona mail forwarding address.

MrNoodly said:
By "not available" do you mean she won't let you use it anymore, or that you think the bank, DMV and insurance won't accept that address if you're no longer there?

If you mean the latter, my "domicile" address is a friend's place where I've never actually lived. I just put it on a blank lease form I got online. The DMV accepted it, my insurance company accepted it, and the bank accepted it (although for some reason they used my mail address instead).
My sister is moving to a old folks home , I was doing the same thing you where doing except instead of your friends place I was using my sister's place

I guess for all those new bank accounts you just need an address, not necessarily yours. YOur parents, friends, etc

It probably varies a lot by bank and by state. I second what Wandering Rose said: asking directly is your best bet.

But it also sounds like you'll eventually need a plan for /all/ the things you need an address for. So maybe pretty soon would be a good time to make a more general plan for dealing with this. Not to add to your stress or anything!

Good luck to your sister.