Bamboo

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owl

Reaction score
I bought a bamboo cutting board with a sticker on it. I can't seem to get the glue from the sticker off. Any ideas? Thanks

cooking oil will often dissolve sticker glue. That will be food safe. But if that does not work just scrape it off with a knife or single edged razor blade.

Once you get that sticker off, be sure to treat your cutting board with mineral oil. There is some stuff out there that has mineral oil with a little bit of beeswax in it. This will not only protect your cutting board from drying out and cracking, it makes it much easier to clean after you use it.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

me personally, I would not use anything that wasn't food safe on a cutting board. I would try some type of cooking oil first.

I would be pissed that they put that type of sticker on it in the first place. where did this cutting board come from, China?

highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
me personally, I would not use anything that wasn't food safe on a cutting board. I would try some type of cooking oil first. highdesertranger
Mineral oil with the beeswax is food safe. A lot of restaurants that have those large chopping blocks use exactly that. But you're certainly not wrong in saying to use caution about what she put on The Chopping board.

I know it sounds weird, but try peanut butter.. I always keep some on hand in case of tree sap or gum in hair emergencies.

geogentry said:
Once you get that sticker off, be sure to treat your cutting board with mineral oil. There is some stuff out there that has mineral oil with a little bit of beeswax in it. This will not only protect your cutting board from drying out and cracking, it makes it much easier to clean after you use it.

the mineral oil will also remove the sticker residue

owl said:
Cooking oil worked! Thanks
You are very welcome. It is a good product to remember for sticker removal. I like to recycle the peanut butter and other plastic jars for food storage containers and use them to keep leftovers in the fridge. Nice to have free containers that are not made of heavy glass.