I want to make bamboo curtains for our Van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiejohnson

Reaction score
I want to make bamboo curtains for our Van, but I haven't decided yet what type of bamboo should I use for this. Do you think bamboo curtains can be made from outside or inside the Van?

Sounds decorative. You would want to back it with reflectics or the stealth & privacy value would be lost. Can look right through bamboo shades due to all those little slits.

Maybe the bamboo coild be decor or trim instead of the structural component. Do you have a bunch of free bamboo?
-crofter

Perhaps your first stop should be at one of the import stores to see some in person.
A place such as Cost Plus should have some.

For privacy at night you can clip a piece of blockout fabric over the rolled down shade. Or have a day/night roller shade system.

I have shades that I can see out of in the day but people can't see inside. Of course at night if I have the lights on people can see inside. But as I am typically boondocking where no one is camping or walking closeby so I really do not worry about putting up the privacy fabric. But I do have them for when I might want it such as camping with friends or spending the night in a campground.

If you have the budget a custom window covering company will make your dreams come true and even install it.

Bamboo shade curtains are sold as well as fencing. Having built a bamboo cabana I can tell you it is labor intensive and bamboo is extremely sharp when cut so be cautious when working with it.

Latest posts