AZ Land

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were considering some of the Ocean Shores lots in Washington State but they also have restrictions of 90 days per year for an RV.

Is there anywhere that you can buy land and park on it and not be bothered?   Alaska maybe?

If there is ,,,,they'll probably change the rules re: the greed plague.

there are places. you all are looking in the wrong state. there might be some areas in AZ where this can be done, but it seems not many. hit me up at RTR and I will point you in the right direction. I don't want to post info like this on an open forum. highdesertranger

I have followed this thread with growing interest over the past several days . . .

Here I am a part time "dweller" wanting to downsize so I can consider full-time on the road.

And the complementary position appears to be those who spend long periods of time on the road want to purchase some land and squat.

I wonder if this is a typical evolution? Do long term/full time dwellers eventually long to return to the sod?

When you go full-time, does conventional living eventually become dominate and you start planning on how you can move back into sticks and bricks?

Except for Bob; he'll never leave his van!

Actually, Bob has bought land. Most of the folks who are looking to do this are new and haven't broken the mindset that you have to 'own' a piece of earth.

@speedhighway46
From a sociological perspective, the dominant cultural influences of this society center around people having a physical "address." As a result, the presence of an "address" remains necessary to operate inside this society. The best guess I can provide involves the fact that a physical address facilitates the completion of certain transactions in this society (e.g. insurance, vehicle registration). The presence of a physical address also allows some people to develop a "homebase" from which they can operate.

With me it is more of having a home base.  Some place where I can spend a week or three rebuilding something.  

That reminds me... I need to buy another lottery ticket.  I am diabetic, and use my candy money.  Someone has to win!  :D

speedhighway46 said:
I have followed this thread with growing interest over the past several days . . .

Here I am a part time "dweller" wanting to downsize so I can consider full-time on the road.

And the complementary position appears to be those who spend long periods of time on the road want to purchase some land and squat.

I wonder if this is a typical evolution? Do long term/full time dwellers eventually long to return to the sod?

When you go full-time, does conventional living eventually become dominate and you start planning on how you can move back into sticks and bricks?

Except for Bob; he'll never leave his van!

Yes, and no!

How's that for an answer!

It's not necessarily a 'longing to return to the sod'

I'm practical enough to know that I won't be able to travel continuously for ALL the rest of my life. There will come a point in time where I will have to slow down. At that point I will pick a northern spot (I'm Canadian and have to put in my time there each year) and a southern spot and drive between. Eventually, I won't be able to drive myself so I'll either have to fly or find someone to assist me. In some way distant future even that will have to come to an end. At that point I will end up either taking a short walk in to the bush or get pushed in a wheelchair in to a nursing home.

Some are looking forward to the day when they will not be able to stay on the road and are planning now for a small piece of land on which to park for more than a month at a time.

Dust-In-the-Wind I tried to send you a PM but you have it disabled. let me know when I can send you a PM. highdesertranger

I love having a place to come home to when I grow weary of being on the road.A couple or three months relaxing and I'm ready for more travel.I can live at home for $60 a year(taxes).No way can I live on the road without spending a lot more money.When me and Vic stop traveling in a few years,we'll probably raise a garden and keep a few chickens to supplement our food budget.Or not.

Bob Dickerson said:
I love having a place to come home to when I grow weary of being on the road.A couple or three months relaxing and I'm ready for more travel.I can live at home for $60 a year(taxes).No way can I live on the road without spending a lot more money.When me and Vic stop traveling in a few years,we'll probably raise a garden and keep a few chickens to supplement our food budget.Or not.

Bob, without revealing your location, can you give some details?

Property tax is only $60 a year?

Do you have to have any insurance in case someone gets injured on the property or is that not an issue?

There are no usage restrictions via parking a RV or vehicle and living in it?

Our place is a few miles east of Omaha Ar,about 20 miles south of Branson Mo.We have a small house(16x42)and a shop on 17 acres.Land here is around $1000-$1500 an acre.Our taxes are $360 a year less a $300 homestead exemption.When the homeowner reaches 65 the property taxes are locked and never go up.We get around 45 inches of rain a year so we don't have a well,we just use rainwater.The only code that I'm aware of requires a septic system before hooking up power.We rely on solar,so it never came up.Come see us sometime.

Sounds like a nice setup.

Of course, being from the West coast, I googled Omaha, Ar tornado risk and was happy to see that you are in a low risk area.

Forget Navajo county. No camping on residential land.

Beware of buying property in Dolan Springs. Unlike the name insinuates, there is no water there. At least not when I looked into it, admittedly more than a few years ago.

:(  That's twice this week....i wonder why I even bother.

Jewellann

Latest posts