Astro Van Repairs Engine in Vehicle

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jonyjoe303 said:
As long as the carrier is the same size for that differential case it should line up perfectly, and I didn't touch/loosen the big gear the carrier bolts onto. The hard part is finding out what differential you have, especially if it isnt the one that your model year van came with.

You and highdesertranger obviously know what you are talking about.  I have no idea, it is way beyond my head.  I hope I won't need that repair but if I do I will leave it to the experts.

Well, that's not the 'right' way, and certainly not what any service procedure for any vehicle recommends ...
But lots of people get away with it, and you can't argue with success

I am confused, first you said you didn't change the ring and pinion then you said you didn't touch the bolts on the ring gear. how is that possible if you changed the carrier? I am just curios. I realize people do it the wrong way all the time and get away with it, You Tube is full of them, but I still point out bad advice when I see it. that's a lot of money and time to spend on something that might not work out. if done right it always works out. highdesertranger