Anyone into mountain biking?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WanderLoveJosh

Reaction score
I finally pulled the trigger and have gotten into mountain biking this year, just as I figured I love it.

Now I’d like to find more people who live on the road to ride some of the more technical trails with, as the wife can’t tackel those.

Also does anyone know if there might be any trails in quartzite??

Attachments

• C7F846B1-72E9-431E-95E4-CB32DE742E25.jpeg
    C7F846B1-72E9-431E-95E4-CB32DE742E25.jpeg
    238.7 KB · Views: 10
I am surprised no one has replied as there are a few mountain bikers here. yes there plenty of places to ride at RTR. highdesertranger

Nice bike!  I just got a Kona Big Honzo-best bike I ever owned, though I really need to dial it back a bit I am not as young as I use to be:).  I am in NJ for a few more years but check out the bike packing section on Expedition Portal also maybe local clubs or bike shops may have group rides.  Have fun.

acfdexpo said:
Nice bike!  I just got a Kona Big Honzo-best bike I ever owned, though I really need to dial it back a bit I am not as young as I use to be:).  I am in NJ for a few more years but check out the bike packing section on Expedition Portal also maybe local clubs or bike shops may have group rides.  Have fun.

Right on man!

Thanks!

WanderLoveJosh said:
I finally pulled the trigger and have gotten into mountain biking this year, just as I figured I love it.

Now I’d like to find more people who live on the road to ride some of the more technical trails with, as the wife can’t tackel those.

Also does anyone know if there might be any trails in quartzite??

Good for you, and congrats on getting such a fine bike.

About Quartzsite mountain biking: I don't know of any singletrack there, but there are plenty of ATV trails around Dome Rock, 5 miles west of Q, on both sides of I-10. They are surprisingly good. Just go early in the morning to avoid the motorized crowd. You can also ride the gravel/dirt roads off of Tom Wells Road, closer the Ehrenberg. These two areas DO connect on ATV/jeep roads.

On another note, jackPineSeed and I are doing a camping/mountain bike trip through Utah and AZ this autumn and winter. We have a discussion thread over on mtbr.com. Please join us!

kaBLOOnie Boonster said:
Good for you, and congrats on getting such a fine bike.

About Quartzsite mountain biking: I don't know of any singletrack there, but there are plenty of ATV trails around Dome Rock, 5 miles west of Q, on both sides of I-10. They are surprisingly good. Just go early in the morning to avoid the motorized crowd. You can also ride the gravel/dirt roads off of Tom Wells Road, closer the Ehrenberg. These two areas DO connect on ATV/jeep roads.

On another note, jackPineSeed and I are doing a camping/mountain bike trip through Utah and AZ this autumn and winter. We have a discussion thread over on mtbr.com. Please join us!

Unfortunately I’ll be in Colorado most of the winter, so wouldn’t be able to make it, but I’ll still  check out the thread in case anything changes, I cannot wait to check out trails in utah. I’m from Ohio, and have been riding some trails here in Colorado Springs, it’s quite amazing.

Attachments

• E4ACA317-CE29-4534-B490-9A1E393D7D9B.jpeg
    E4ACA317-CE29-4534-B490-9A1E393D7D9B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 5
While not proficient I'm into mtn biking.... and plan on being at the rtr...
Just got my ride a few months while on the road... had a road bike but trade it... way more usable on dirt roads ;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk