Anyone in Washington State this summer?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeFree58!

Reaction score
Hi, I am brand new here and posting for the very first time. Are any of you in the Washington or north-central/eastern Oregon about now? I would like to begin making friends who are already free as I hope to be in varying degrees over the next few years.  :shy:

Welcome! We are from Washington and recently returned from our first winter in the southwest. We are preparing new vehicles and trying to put what we learned the first winter into action and then we'll head south again by Oct. Our current base is near Bremerton WA. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Mrcap,

I look forward to reading your input about the year out there. I hope you will be sharing.

Can you tell me if it was pretty wonderful to find the freedom to go south for the winter?

I am usually in eastern Oregon this time of year. but I am trying to rebuild my main vehicle so I am not there. hopefully next year.

BeFree go to the "New Comers Corner" and introduce yourself so we can officially welcome you. highdesertranger

BeFree58! said:
Hi, I am brand new here and posting for the very first time. Are any of you in the Washington or north-central/eastern Oregon about now? I would like to begin making friends who are already free as I hope to be in varying degrees over the next few years.  :shy:

I am in Elma, WA (west of Olympia) til Sept. Then will be in the general area til Oct when I will head for AZ.

BeFree58! said:
Hi, I am brand new here and posting for the very first time. Are any of you in the aWashington or north-central/eastern Oregon about now? I would like to begin making friends who are already free as I hope to be in varying degrees over the next few years.  :shy:
I am heading your way soon. going to visit my sis  in Prosser Washington. I will be there after Yellowstone, Montana and Idaho. The road can be a lonely place. thats the bad part about it. If you want to head easterly, perhaps we could do some spots together in Idaho at some altitude to avoid heat.

We are in eastern Washington right now getting smoked out by the Canadian forest fires and burned up by the sun (which now looks like a sick orange red because of the smoke).

But spring and fall are nice!

Hi, I'm in Bellingham, WA. My plan is to go full time next spring.

Silver Fox said:
I am in Elma, WA (west of Olympia) til Sept. Then will be in the general area til Oct when I will head for AZ.

Oh boy I wish I had read this before I took my nephew home from staying with me this summer. 

I was in Elma yesterday to hand him over to his big brother before he went on home to the beach and I went to see other family in Puyallup! 

We could have had a coffee or pop and said hi - bummer! 

I live over in Yakima, but my family is on the west side.

My hope is to retire in a few years, get into the nomad life with winters in AZ and summers hanging at the ocean with family. I'm going to try to get away for the RTR in January - just in my station wagon for now to see if I like it as much as I think I will. 

Are you from WA too?

Thank you for responding to my question.

Debra

Latest posts